List Of Tazewell County School Board Members

GHS89

Can someone provide a list of the school board members, and how they voted on the last vote on the Mitchell Stadium Contract? I figured I would start this on a new thread so folks browsing the site can get the straight skinny on who is voting how. I think that the representative for my area is on the wrong side of this issue. He stood on my porch some years ago and earned my vote then. I haven't missed voting in years and he'll have some answering to do if he lands on my porch again. Bottom line, if the election was tomorrow, he would have lost two of his previous supporters from his last election from this household alone.

Brenda B. Lawson Ed.D., Division Superintendent

superintendent@tazewell.k12.va.us

School Board Members

Steve Davis, Chairman

Western District

sdavis@tazewell.k12.va.us

Mike Dennis, Vice-Chairman

Northwestern District

mdennis@tazewell.k12.va.us

Randy Conn, Member

Southern District

rconn@tazewell.k12.va.us

Estelle "Cookie" Johnson, Member

Eastern District

cjohnson@tazewell.k12.va.us

Robert "Spot" Steele, Member

Northern District

rsteele@tazewell.k12.va.us

I'm believe Steele, Davis, and Dennis voted against signing at the Aug. 8th meeting...don't know for sure, the minutes of the meeting are nowhere to be found on the TCSB website.

Minutes of the August meeting will have to be approved at the September meeting; however, there should be a press release as to what went on at the meeting. This is done for media outlets and such.

Maybe not the best thread to post this reply on, but some of those others are wandering like a lost coon dog. No offense to anyone in Grundy. But anyway, something is to be said for the fact that the money spent in rent is not renting a dump. Despite it's difficult situation, the city of Bluefield has been keeping Mitchell in fantastic condition, with the exception of that darn PA system. The old one was so much better. Could it be that they bite the bullet in order to maintain this important community landmark that is so important to the youth of the area? Should some folks to the west be taking a lesson here? Point is I would be a little ticked if the stadium degraded, and the rent money went into street posts. But I think that city acts in good conscience by taking these contracts in and providing a good place to play ball. With no plan for building Graham's own stadium out there, the money is well spent at Mitchell.