hurley and unaka? what will be the out come ?

Bballer23

hurley has a chance to have a good year or it could have a bad year its all up to how hard these boys play and how fast thay can come together as a team, they have one of the best coaching staff in the BDD if not the best. only my oppinion, but having the best staff isnt all it takes to winning ball games(numbers) a key word to the rebels, fresh legs and keeping healthy will be a part to a winning season.I liked how ISAAC STACY played in the scrimage game on sat.he made a good pass to josh that took alot of guts he stod his ground planted his feet and done what he should have and can do on a regular basis if he can get his coaches to believe in his arm he has gotten alot stronger since a year ago so dont be suprise if they dont pass more than you have seen in years past they have that in this years team. The line needs alot of work not so much as weak but just bad reads, not holding on to the runner when they had him and rap him up better that would have helped alot. But as far as fridays game against UNAKA hurley should run the ball verry good against them they were weak last year against the run when we played them SHANE should have a good night so should NATHAN JUSTUS if he is 100% he in my book is one of the tuffest players to come threw hurley since the days of GREG TESTER AND BILLY WHIT some 5 or 6 years ago. UNAKA wont be a push over by no means they are a AA school and has more kids to change in and out so HURLEY has got to be in shape with that said good luck REBELS Iwill be on the sidelines giving the ole REBEL yell for all to here , just remember the stands wont ever be full again like it used to but you are still the HURLEY REBELS and still have the pride that you fathers,brothers,and all others that have carried in there hearts for as long as HURLEY has been a team so when ever you need that extra push at the goal line dig deep and let it out, it is still there you bring at every game just release it and help each other when you want to point a finger dont because its is called a TEAM sport not a single sport wink.gif(LOVE THOSE REBELS) LIFES TO SHORT TO JUST PLAY SO PLAY HARD!

Unaka is a Single A school with 360 some students (relatively, they are the size of Haysi or Honaker).

However, they are by no means considered a football school (last years 9-2 record was probably there best record ever posted; they play in one of the weakest divisions in TN and still couldn't win it, getting stomped 32-6 by Division champion Cloudland).

Unaka is no less a weak Tenn. school as Shelby Valley was a weak Ky. school.

The point being, the only thing this game will gauge is how many games Hurley should win this year; not necessarily how good they are. If Hurley can beat Unaka, they should have a .500 or better season. If they lose Friday night, it will be a struggle to win 4 games (much as it was the last two years).

Unaka has a couple of weapons on offense, but they have no size at all and there defense has plenty of holes. I fully expect the Rebels to win this game, but a lot will depend upon which team shows up to play.

As to the other question, I'd feel satisfied with a 6-4 regular season and maybe a playoff game or two. The potential is there for that (and better). What is reached is a different story.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Amen. And A good season for us man would be 5-5 or better. But having that said we have the ability to win as many games as we play if we work as a team.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Thanks man. Good luck to Pocy also. Do you guys play Twin valley again this year?

Yeah, we have them at home the 4th game of the season. I'm glad they dont have the Helton kid back... we had a good chance of winning that game last year. we we're up 8-0 at halftime and they was gettting nothing on our defense. Then in the second half helton run for like 200 yards lol.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

lol he was fast as hell, but this year they got Justus and he is just as strong and fast lol that sucks when teams produce RB's back to back years like that.

too bad ya'll guys don't play craig county... havin to chase casey hancock with his 4.3 speed up the field isn't gonna make me a happy camper lol... its gotta suck for yall though playing honaker and haysi right after the other one