James Monroe

mountainman63

Nobody has been talking about James Monroe. What do yall think about your team this year? After not looking so great against Giles a few weeks ago, and coming out like you did against Narrows, I figured someone would say something. Narrows isnt a bad team, they have a veteran squad.Dont know what happened to them, I figured it would be a good game. The only weak spot I saw against Giles was the OL. It seems like the coaches have gotten that squared away. Looks like yall will be hard to stop for the next 2-3 years.

Look for robertson and jackson to hit 100 yards each again this week against the shady tigers. The tigers only start 2 seniors on either side of the ball, my guess is the mavs 56-0 it will be a fun game to watch for the mavs fans but so be it the tigers will be good the next couple of years. Good luck to both teams.

As for Narrows, I thought this would be a closer game. I thought JM looked sharp for the first game. Took care of the ball, even though it was a wet night. We have good size, and some good backs. I feel like we will have a pretty good season.

im not trying to make anyone mad footballfreak ive been following the tigers since the early 90's so ive, seen many good years and many bad. And as bad as i hate to say it with the seniors lost from last year and the teams we play the rest of the way it wouldn't suprise me if we only win 2 or 3 games. So if this upsets you im sorry but ive been a shady fan before you were around and i will be when your long gone so as far as this year sorry man were gonna be bad but ill still be at every game cheering the tigers on so take this how you want.

We did alot better than I thought we would Friday. Our O-line looked horrible in preseason, and suddenly looked like a wrecking ball. The last of passing offense still concerns me, as well as confusion in the secondary. Witt is doing some things right. I didn't really notice it until recently, but he doesn't use too many players on both sides of the ball, like Jackson was notorious for doing. 70 kids go out for the team, and maybe 15 of them were starters, that's real smart. Witt only uses 3 or 4 boys on both sides right now, and he's expressed a desire to lower that number. Alot of HS coaches make that mistake, and it could pay off greatly for JM late in the season in hard games on the road@ Bluefield and Greenbrier East, and, more importantly, the playoffs.

Footballfreak i have no idea who you are but if you've been involved as long as i have you've got to know were just not gonna be good this year. And that's ok because you know as well as i do the next couple of years we will be pretty good. But i still cant figure out who you are but im sure we'd know each other. But im still sticking with 56-0 James Monroe but such is life.