Hurricane Katrina

BigD4VT

We have fun using Cola's "The Storm is Coming" to describe Richlands football, but something much more serious is about to happen in New Orleans. This could be the worst US disaster in history. I hope those people that can't make it out of the city can somehow remain safe.

USA Today

Thats terrible.. i hope it slacks up some, that will be really bad for the gulf coast.. My dad lives in alabama so i hope it doesn't get any worse. We'll be getting some rain up here around friday.. frown.gif

I have family in Alabama too. They've been lucky with the last couple storms. Hope it holds with this one.

Yeah I saw where people are going to the Superdome. It can only hold so many though.

I was watching Fox News before heading off to college for my public speaking class,and they interviewed a guy I felt so sorry for him. His wife and himself where ontop of their,getting out of the waters reach when a big wall of water came through and ripped the house apart,he tried to hold on to her as hard as he could,her last words to himbefore being rippped away were take care of the Kids and the grandkids,then she was ripped way. The guy was wondering around New Orleans,lost bascially,I looked over @ my mom who @ the time was sitting beside me and she was literally balling,I myself started to tear up to.Makes me want to get in my car gather up things and head down south to help out with what I can.

It's bad down there. 80% of New Orleans is under water. There are fires, people stuck on rooftops and in attics, no drinking water, only one open road leading out of the city, and marshall law has been declared.

UPDATE: I'm watching Fox News right now and they're showing people standing on top of houses where only the roofs are showing. The water has risen that much in just the last few hours. Luckily there is a rescue chopper there to help them.