Twin Valley/Bland Report

bucfan64

The Panthers dropped a close one to Bland County this past Friday night 21 to 14.

Bland County executed well and took care of the football which was the difference in the ball game. TV laid the ball on the ground 3 or 4 times and had one pass go through the hands of the receiver and into the hands of an alert Bland County safety. Too many turnovers, you cant win a game like that and turn the ball over.

Bland County was big and their running game did damage, especially in the first quarter as the knifed through the TV defense. The second half saw TV switch up their defense and they pretty much contained Bland County. However, BC also contained TV in the second half.

Not sure about the stats I would venture to say that BC didn't have any 100 yard rushers, but they did their running by committee. So the numbers were good all around for them as a team.

TV had critical mistakes early in the game as a 60 yard TD pass was called back due to a linemen holding. The hold came after the catch, which is why it was so devastating.

Give BC all of the credit, Coach Hart and company stuck to the game plan of grinding it out and winning ugly. They executed the offense the way it was intended, eat the clock,keep the opponents defense on the field and win in a low scoring affair. All told the BC defense held us in check and limited our passing game to a few completions.

Could TV have won? yes we could've, but we didn't!

By the way Jeremiah Lester did play the entire game, although his ankle was bothering him somewhat it WAS NOT a factor in the game. Give Bland Co. all of the credit, they won the ball game. All that is left for TV to do is go back to work and fix things before St. Paul rolls into town.

Go Panthers!!!!!!!

As a Bland County fan, let me say thanks for an accurate report on the game. The only things I would add is that BC ALSO had a long TD pass called back because of holding early in the game (plus the interception thrown from the 5 yard line shortly before half). Also, #42 Pennington, FB/MLB for Bland was on his way to scoring on that 60 yard run but pulled a hamstring on about the 10. He sat out the entire 2nd half. Twin Valley was very tough and had a bunch of speed on defense. #48 for Twin Valley was in the backfield all night. It was a nasty, rainy night and both teams played hardnosed defense. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Well, I am glad to hear that. even tho i did go to whitewood when i was young,and thats where my dad graduated..Coach Hart is a great teacher and awesome person, I mean I guess things didnt work out with him up at tazewell, no wonder, not even his fault, i mean every school has its very low years, but i'm sure Coach Hart will get adjusted to Bland. he's pretty awesome. and i aint dissing TV tho yall.

yeah that was a great game both teams at the end of the night knew that they left it ALL on the field. TV has a great team and if they can stop the turnovers they will be a good team this year. i will be watching TVs progress through the yeari hope yall have a great season. and thanks for the comment about coach heart he is a great coach and already you can see the difference he has made with over 30 players on the team this vs the 18 last year and also the last time BC won an opening game was around 1996! we are already half way to were we were last year at the end of the year. but we are not going to stop and that i pormise you if any years BC has a chance to be a continding team this WILL be the year. best of luck to all MED teams and TV.

Yes it was a well fight game. Thanks for the comments on coach Hart he is a great coach and yes I think bland has the ability of being a good football team this year. Oh yeah Matt Barker (#30) fb and ng ran the ball for 135 yards, Phillip Henson (#20) hb and olb ran the ball for 87 yards and Tyler Pennington (#42)fb and mlb ran for 75 yards. TV had a good D and stoped us in the red zone alot. They had alot of improvement since the FC game. Good luck to both teams this year.