Anyone have INFO on St. Paul???

bucfan64

Don't really know anything about the Deacon's except they were beaten soundly by Holston last week.

From what I hear St. Paul should finish in the cellar in the Cumberland District which isn't considered a strong football district.

I would think the Panthers need not worry about this one, but hey, anything is possible in high school sports.

The Panther's offense should break 40 points this week with the D giving up only 7.

INFO ON ST.PAUL.I PLAYED THERE IN THE EARLY 80'S,STARTED WATCHING GAMES IN THE LATE 60'S,YOU NEED TO KNOW,I'LL PROBABLY KNOW IT.GETTING TO THE POINT,THOUGH,MOST OF OUR BEST PLAYERS ARE NOT PLAYING CITING DIFFERENCES WITH THE COACH MARK PALMER(BULL [censored],IF THEY REALLY LOVE TO PLAY,QUIT CRYING AND PUT UP OR SHUT UP IS THE WAY I SEE IT).ANYWAY,CHRIS VANCE(#44)IS PRIMARILY THE GO TO GUY,SHUT HIM DOWN AND ST.PAUL WON'T MAKE IT PAST MIDFIELD.OTHE NOTABLES ARE TRAVIS STANLEY QB #3,JOSH BROOKS #40 ,HUNTER LAMBERT RB #22,JOSH TURNER WR #5.THOSE ARE THE ONLY ATHLETES,THE LINE IS AVERAGE SIZE(180-225)BUT THEY'RE A BUNCH OF INEXPERIENCED WIMPS.YOU COULD PROBABLY PLAY YOUR SCRUBS AND GET BY.MY ADVICE,AND BY THE WAY I'VE WATCHED NUMEROUS COACHES AND TEAMS OVER THE YEARS,PLUG THE HOLES,BLITZ OFTEN,AND WATCH THEM IMPLODE.KEY THE VANCE KID IF NECESSARY,WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO PICK UP THE SLACK.OUR QB OCCASSIONALLY GETS OFF A GOOD PASS,BUT FOR THE MOST PART HE HAS A WEAK ARM AND THROWS A LOT OF DUCKS,SO NO DEEP THREAT AT ALL,BESIDES OUR ENDS DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THEIR PATTERNS ONCE THE BALL IS ON THE WAY,UNLESS IT'S A STANDUP OR QUICK SLANT,WE'RE SCREWED.MY SUGGESTION,UNLESS WE SPREAD OUT,4-4 STACK,COVER 2(WE USUALLY SPLIT 2 PEOPLE OUT<I DON'T KNOW WHY,WE NEVER USE THEM),SINGLE SAFETY,AND BLITZ LIKE HELL.WHY AM I TELLING YOU'ALL THIS?BECAUSE I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE SAME [censored] EVERY YEAR,IT'S BAD ENOUGH WE'RE ONE OF THE SMALLEST SCOOLS IN THE STATE WITH A FOOTBALL PROGRAM,NUMBERS ARE ROUGH,BUT NO DAMN WONDER WE'RE SO DAMN EASY,WE'RE SO DAMN PREDICTABLE AND RUN THE SAME [censored] YEAR IN YEAR OUT,AND THE FEW WE DO GET ARE USUALLY PLAYED OUT OF POSITION AND GOING BOTH WAYS AS WELL AS KO AND KO RETURN AND PUNT AND PUNT RETURN.I NEVER CRIED WHEN I PLAYED THERE,I ENJOYED BEING THE UNDERDOG AND BEING OVERLOOKED,I LIKED THE EDGE,UNFORTUNATELY YOU CAN'T SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS.ANY INFO ON THIS END,LET ME KNOW,I CAN GIVE YOU BITS AND PIECES ON TWIN SPRINGS, CASTLEWOOD,COEBURN,AS WELL AS ST. PAUL,JUST LET ME KNOW,I'LL PROBABLY MAKE A FEW SUGGESTIONS,THOUGH,OTHER THAN THAT I'M USUALLY AT THE REGIONALS EVERY YEAR WATCHING THE "REAL" TEAMS PLAY BALL BEFORE THEY HEAD UP STATE,UNLESS WE'RE LUCKY TO GET IT ON THIS BEFORE THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU'ALL SOON,I'LL BE SURE TO GIVE YOU A NO BULL [censored] TAKE ON WHAT I SEE.

Hurley scrimmaged them this year. Against us, they did alright. Primarily, they used the I with a WR to each side and run the TB #44 on isolations most every down. They didn't look good at all throwing; little separation and nobody seemed willing to make the extra effort to catch the tough balls. There line had good size, but just do not fire off the ball. If you slant your DLine and have good tackling LBs, you can stop there running game. If not, #44 is a beast to bring down and he has good speed for his size.

Defensively, they do not tackle very well. They run a 3-5 Defense and are very susceptible to the run. However, they blitz the interior line a lot and if you catch them in that, Sweeps will likely burn them. #44 is, again, there biggest threat defensively. He plays the center ILB and blitz's right over the center a lot. When he goes, the OLBs will blitz too and they blitz very wide.