I feel like it's 2002 again...

Sources

For the specific reason that it appears everyone is second guessing a very young, talented, but unexperienced Bluefield team. Just as with the 2002 team, whom started out 1-4, this Bluefield team is loaded with talent but lack the needed experience and it showed last week against Graham. For all of you who have picked Princeton over Bluefield, I'm afraid you've made a very unfortunate mistake. Just as I said in 2002, if this team can live up to potential and gain some composure through the course of the season (which I am certain they will), watch out AA come playoff time.

Graham 21 Bluefield 14

Princeton 18 Bluefield 14

You may be right...2002 all over again...except you don't have Wyoming East to take your frustrations out on in the third game of the season (86-0)...

if you're saying this team is much like the team from '02, then you can see the irony in saying that those who picked Princeton this week have made an unfortunate mistake... since Princeton did beat us that year.

yeah, that WE game was fun, i was screaming for 100 points, and still wish they would have rolled the scoreboard over. but i would have rather had more points then them when it counted in Wheeling.

Supposedly he has been cleared to play, but the coaches are going to hold him out this week. It might cost us a "W" Friday night, but it's the smart thing to do. If he would play and suffer further injury to the knee that would cost us many "W" this season...

Was it 2002 when richlands and Bluefield last played and had the finest refs in WV there to help them to the playoffs?...lol long time ago and i hate bringin past stuff up for the basic reason it's IN THE PAST but yea...they did help a lil bit.

The game was called bad both ways and it is a shame that the referees had to shame the kids from Bluefield that night by making so many questionable calls. Fortunately that officiating crew hasn't called another game since that night nor will they ever again hopefully.

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to use names, but was that Richlands/Bluefield crew in 2002 a George Simon crew???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, what exactly is the knee injury to Bluefield's quarterback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Twisted knee. He should be back for the Grundy game if all goes well and definitely back for the second Graham game.