Princeton 43 Bluefield 24 FINAL

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure but Maurice Jordan has been playing a lot at the QB position... shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I knew that was going to happen grin.gif. Any clue on he's doing back there? Let me guess, Jordan is taking snaps out of the shotgun, with McClanahan taking them from under center?

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell with the two announcers BHS has this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard one of them was Woody Morgan, of WVVA "fame". I don't think I ever heard him make it through a sportscast without getting lost or confused at least twice. And when he did, he'd stumble and fill with "Gotta love it"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the truth. I could pick up the game on the radio as we left Beamer's tonight, but the closer we got to home the more the signal faded. However, I did notice that Woody Morgan wasn't doing the play-by-play tonight. I thought he was "The Voice of the Bluefield Beavers." I don't care who they get, they won't replace Fred Persinger and forcing him out was the stupidest move ever.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard one of them was Woody Morgan, of WVVA "fame". I don't think I ever heard him make it through a sportscast without getting lost or confused at least twice. And when he did, he'd stumble and fill with "Gotta love it"

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have heard him last week. I only got to listen to the first few minutes of the pregame show before my batteries died. However, in the first two minute segment of the show, he screwed and stumbled over his words MANY times. It was pretty sad...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the truth. I could pick up the game on the radio as we left Beamer's tonight, but the closer we got to home the more the signal faded. However, I did notice that Woody Morgan wasn't doing the play-by-play tonight. I thought he was "The Voice of the Bluefield Beavers." I don't care who they get, they won't replace Fred Persinger and forcing him out was the stupidest move ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I'm not local any more...I don't know Persinger. But, the real one who left, who was truly the best doing play-by-play was Jim Nelson. I never got a clear reason why he left...other than he had a personality conflict with Freddie. He went to Graham, did wonders for them, but left to go to Princeton. Truly a great voice, but difficult to work with?

Hey B_R, you're in C-Burg?

I just moved here at the end of July after getting married. I have always loved this area. It has that small-town feel, but yet everything you need; at least that I need. If I can't move to Chapel Hill one day I certainly hope I can remain in the B'Burg/C'burg area.