Superdome

bigbluetbone

Honestly what else are they going to do? An NFL team can't operate in a city with no stadium and (for the foreseeable future) no people. New Orleans can't just clean up and be back to normal. This is going to take a very long time.

[ QUOTE ]

yea i know i was just saying i want there to be more sports teams in the San Antio area but i dont want them to go there under this kind of sercomstances. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*Circumstances* someone get this kid a spell-checker!!

They said the couldn't even get in the dome for a good 2 months to take an intial assesment. 2 inches of water on the playing surface,70% of the Domes roof has water damage,The Toilets are broken They are better off tearing it down and building a much stronger structure.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yea i know i was just saying i want there to be more sports teams in the San Antio area but i dont want them to go there under this kind of sercomstances. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*Circumstances* someone get this kid a spell-checker!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its goalie, what do you expect???? grin.gif

Link

SAINTS PLAY ON FOR HURRICANE VICTIMS

The New Orleans Saints will start the NFL season on Sunday as usual despite the havoc wreaked by Hurricane Katrina.

Most of the city was flooded after the hurricane, which ravaged the Gulf Coast and left hundreds of thousands of people homeless and many feared dead.

The Saints' Louisiana Superdome became a temporary home for refugees and because of damage to it and the surrounding area - not to mention the flood waters which have yet to recede - the NFC South team must begin their campaign with consecutive road games.

They visit Carolina Panthers on Sunday and NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue believes it is unlikely the Saints, who have moved their base of operations to San Antonio, Texas, will play in New Orleans this season.

Saints' players have visited evacuees in the Houston Astrodome and wide receiver Joe Horn said: "They went through this catastrophe, and they still want us to play football. They said 'Give us something. Go and win'."

After visiting Carolina, the Saints were supposed to play their home opener on September 18 against the New York Giants. But that game was moved to Giants Stadium and switched to Monday, September 19.

The following week, the Saints play at Minnesota, but it is uncertain where their scheduled home game against Buffalo on October 2 will be played.

Saints owner Tom Benson, general manager Mickey Loomis and coach Jim Haslett have expressed their desire to play home games at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.