Adrian Peterson suspended?

sandman

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8842082

I don't get it, it seems to read that if OU gets into a tight game with the Bruins, they'll play Peterson but if its a whoopin' he'll just serve out his suspension. I don't know about you people, but every time I was suspended from something, I didn't participate now matter what the circumstances of the event turn out to be.

Sounds like Bobby Bowden in the 1999 Sugar Bowl. He set a curfew for his players and said anyone who breaks it won't be allowed to play, but soon after, star kicker Sabastien Janikowski did break curfew and was allowed to play. Bowden told reporters "I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face."

[ QUOTE ]

He is the only player worth watching on the Sooners team, so if they dont want to lose, and have OU fans upset that hes not playing, they dang well better play him.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU fans are already pissed, they lost to TCU in the opening game.

Everyone has to go to class..true..unless you are the reason that the home stadium sells out, a normal football player has to go to class...but not Peterson! Id say it was much more than 3or4 missed classes, I'm guessing the amount of days he missed is in the teens, and they finally had to do the famous "spank on the hand" and make him set out a few plays!

[ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma has got some serious issues already and if Peterson starts "acting a fool" then their problems will double. Unless Peterson's season turns around in a hurry, his Heisman hopes are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

His Heisman hopes are already dead. In the modern era, the award goes to the best player on the best team, not the best player in college football.

[ QUOTE ]

No, he won't win it. However, if he can turn things around he'll still get an invite to New York for the ceremony. And a big day against Texas and another Oklahoma win over the Longhorns would put him right back up there I promise you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your not suggesting that OU is going to beat Texas in October, are you?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No, he won't win it. However, if he can turn things around he'll still get an invite to New York for the ceremony. And a big day against Texas and another Oklahoma win over the Longhorns would put him right back up there I promise you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your not suggesting that OU is going to beat Texas in October, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas has a mental block against OU, the Sooners have OWNED UT over the last six years. There's no doubt that on paper Texas should soundly defeat Oklahoma this season, but games aren't played on paper. Honestly, a win by Oklahoma wouldn't surprise me, just as a Texas rout wouldn't surprise either. However, I most certainly wouldn't place money on UT to win and I more so wouldn't place money on UT against the likely spread.