Does anyone know

swd

I hate that like to have seen him make a couple more years, anyway he made there and won a superbowl.Do you think he will get into coaching here at richlands. Also what is your take on that(Him Coaching).

I don't really know him but I did meet him a few years ago and we chatted a little. I asked him about coaching in the future and he said he hadn't given it any thought. He didn't exactly rule it out though.

Honestly, IMO, if he were to get into coaching, with his experience he would probably want to start at a higher level. I can't see him coaching at Richlands unless it was because he wanted to be close to home. Not that there is anything wrong with coaching high school, but they don't exactly pull down the $ he's used to.

Besides, I don't see Coach Mance going anywhere anytime soon unless he chooses to. Compton spoke very highly of Mance by the way.

He's already put his 10 years in the league. So, he'll get his NFL pension. If he got back into coaching I don't think money would be the determining factor. I could see Mike being an asst. coach at RHS.

Yeah I know Mance is A great coach. I just thought Mike would help him out. Which on the other hand the coaches at Richlands are doing a great job. But with Comptons pull the kids would get looked at alot closer for bigger colleges.

[ QUOTE ]

He's already put his 10 years in the league. So, he'll get his NFL pension. If he got back into coaching I don't think money would be the determining factor. I could see Mike being an asst. coach at RHS.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I know, I believe you're right. I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike help out with baseball at RHS, either. He was pretty tough on the diamond back in the day as well.

Good guy all around. Hope he finds happiness regardless of what future path he pursues.

[ QUOTE ]

I would love to see it happen but I think we're more likely to see him on the staff at WVU than at RHS.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a definite possibility. If he were interested in working in Morgantown, I'm sure that it could easily be done. He was one of Nehlen's golden boys there, and I know that folks still think a lot of him. Mike's included in several "all-time" team lists for WVU.