EH31

http://virginiapreps.com

Tyler Pennington

Rocky Gap High School

Class of 2007

Sport (s): Football, Baseball

Height: 5-foot-10 Weight: 195 pounds

40 Time: 4.7 GPA: 3.9

Tyler Pennington is a rising junior that attends Rocky Gap High School. While only a junior, Pennington has accumulated significant athletic accomplishments!

Having been a starter on the varsity football team since his freshman year, after last season Pennington received honorable mention All-Mountain Empire District as a linebacker.

Pennington started the 2005 season in a big way, as in Rocky Gaps opener versus Twin Valley he collected nine tackles on defense and rushed for 75 yards on offense - despite playing in only two quarters, sitting out the second half with a pulled hamstring.

In Bland County's second game, Tyler had 10 tackles (6 solo) versus Auburn and ran for 45 yards on only 5 carries. This season, he is averaging 10 yards per carry and 9 tackles a game. Bland County is undefeated at 2-0 for the first time since 1994. They are also the only undefeated team in the MED.

Pennington is also an outstanding baseball prospect, having been selected to the All-District team following his sophomore season. This past summer he attended the UVA Elite Prospect Baseball Camp where he homered in the All-Star game at Davenport Field.

Pennington is already starting to think about college sports as several colleges have contacted him about playing baseball and football. He would like to attend Virginia Tech or Wake Forest, but is leaving his options open.

The Bland County Bears have their strongest team in years and with new head coach Harris Hart on board, they are a serious threat to challenge for the MED title.

Tyler Pennington's Baseball Profile: LINK

Here are two video clips ofT yler Pennington One is a hard hit on the sidelines while Tyler is playing MLB. The other clip is a 50 yard run up the middle with Tyler running the ball. Both took place in Bland County's opening game win versus Twin Valley.

my 90 year old grandpaw could lay a pad into a twin valley defender, no big deal...if anyone remebers they lost to Greater Beckly WHO?? unless he rushed for 400 yds and had 20 tackles no use in braggin on a game vs Twin valley

Heres all I know, we put two guys on that #42 and he still had like 10 tackles on us. Hes really quick off the line and he hits a ton. Also we played against him in baseball last year and that dude is BADAS*!

I would love to supply you with more video of this year if you want me to. The Twin Valley game is the only one I have on PC. If you would like me to mail you a VHS I would be more than happy to BigCountry.

Sorry guys, i thought yall was just talkin he got put on vapreps.com for the twinvalley game...but im not knockin him i just dont think they should put highlights on a school like Twin valley...but im sure hes a great player and i wish him a good and injury free season...yeah send me a VHS when he does it against a Decent team and ill be impressed specially him just bein a sophomore...Peace