Fantasy football league issue this morning...

Bluefield_Rules

I've decided to revoke the trades between Grundy10 and Top Flite. First, Top Flite made some pretty eye-rising trades, but I allowed them nevertheless. However, I noticed that this week Top Flite didn't even set his lineup and put the guys he traded for into the lineup. Something smells very fishy there and as such I've rescinded both trades that he has made. Additionally, his team will be locked until further notice so that he cannot "hand" other players players.

Due to people entering the league that apparently aren't seriously interested in participating things will be done different next year.

thanks commish... after all the discussion last week, you would have thought that he would have at least updated his lineup.

when Top Flite said that he knows what he's doing, i guess he meant that he knew he was just handing over top tier players for nothing... so that Grundy10 would benefit.

[ QUOTE ]

and speaking of stepping up... you need to step up and keep track of your team as well. it seems that you didn't keep track of your team and set a lineup for this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things will definitely be different if I do another league for this board next year. I'll probably have two leagues, one for the serious folks, which will be invitation only, and one for the "less than serious" folks.

[ QUOTE ]

However, I noticed that this week Top Flite didn't even set his lineup and put the guys he traded for into the lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]the last time i had checked the trade had not went through.. then saturday i was wore out and wasn't really thinking about fantasy football then wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

and speaking of stepping up... you need to step up and keep track of your team as well. it seems that you didn't keep track of your team and set a lineup for this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well u know some ppl have to work and can't check there fantasy football 24/7 cool.gif

it's understandable about work and such and not being able to check... because i'm married and have a wife and 2 year old baby to keep up with, not to mention a full time job with 40+ hours a week. so be sure and tell me about jobs and being too busy. even though you both weren't able to keep up with your fantasy football (beaverbaseball and EH31) you were both posting in here all week. if you can't keep up with the football, then don't get in the league.

and EH31, don't tell me about not knowing that the trade had went through... because you was smack dab in the middle of our conversation about the trade and was talking about the fact that it had already gone through.

If you're too "busy" (lol) to keep up your fantasy football team then let me know and I'll make other arrangments. We can certainly have another draft with the remaining members for the players on your "roster." All you have to do is say so and I'll be more than happy to do such.

beaverbaseball - so, you're saying that you intentionally left Dominic Davis as your RB, even though he was on a bye week... while you had JJ Arington and TJ Duckett sitting on the bench? you set your lineup for week 1... and it was the same lineup for week 2, and for week 3. that happens, but people keeping up with their team don't leave in players on a bye. no matter how good the player is, they will always get ZERO points on a bye. but there is no problem with you... you're fine. you weren't trying to give all your players away.

Top Flite - same goes for you, the team you set for week 1 is the same you had for week 2, and 3... you left Javon Walker in even after he had been injured in week 1 and was out for the season. for week 3, your starters included Javon Walker (out for the season) and -empty- (Holt's empty slot). at RB you had Staley (injured and not playing), Suggs (injured and not playing), and -empty- (Holmes old slot). so right there, you had 2 empty WR slots, and 3 empty RB slots... sounds like a winning team to me.

and you DID have a good team while you still had TOP WR Holt and TOP RB Holmes... and they carried you even though your other starter were injured and not playing. yet you traded away McMichael for Heap, but never put in Heap. you traded away Holt for Boldin, but never put in Boldin. you traded away Holmes for Martin, but never put in Martin... even after you said "trust me by the end of the season martin will pull ahead of all the rb's except for tomlison... calm down a lil bit i know what im doin " -- again, i don't care how good Martin is, he will always get you ZERO points sitting on your bench. and you're right, you did know what you was doing... and so did i... you was giving your team away.

AGAIN - thank you commish for stepping in after i pointed it out and asked you to look at it.

and maybe i do take this too seriously, but you take it too lightly... just keep up with your teams. and if you can't do that, then don't try to just give your players away... and if you do just give your players away, don't make it look like you're just quitting and not even going to at least update your team with the players you SOOO badly wanted and traded for. every thing WAS fine, with a good happy medium and no arguments and no worries... until these bogus trades starting happening. i don't care if you don't keep up with your team, just don't give your team away. find a happy medium

first you say, what are you talking about? then when i say what i'm talking about and back it up with facts - you say hey, your taking this too seriously. don't point the finger at me because you was the one that asked the question... i just answered it.

like i said, everything was fine and nobody had said anything until there were bogus actions that drew attention to what was going on... there were so many ways to avoid this, but you didn't think it through.

beano - there are 10 teams. and as of right now, the leader is a 2-0 team called Kelly Underdogs with 200 points and i'm second at 2-0 with 172 point. me and Kelly just happen to be playing each other and i'm currently winning by a score of 122 - 105 ... but for MNF, i have Tony Gonz playing and he has Larry Johnson and KC D-fense... it'll come down to tonights game to see who gets the league #1 spot.