Another great Beckley win

Beckley_WWHS

Beckley looked very impressive tonight in front of a huge crowd, one of the largest if not the largest that I have seen at Flying Eagle Stadium. They were up 36-0 at halftime. I think everyone that was in uniform tonight for Beckley got into the game as the Flying Eagles won 43-7.

It was a great team effort. The offense was very balanced tonight with 210 rushing yards and 160 passing yards. The defense also looked great holding St. Albans to very little before putting in 2nd and 3rd team players. Good line play once again and the kicking game was good.

Beckley is now 6-0 on the season and has next week off before the final home game of the season with Spring Valley. Congrats on the great win.

After the past couple years, that number 1 ranking and every win we get feels awfully good!

Don't count us out weirfootball. Hopefully a few of the teams the rest of the season will say the same thing about the ranking and overlook us. wink.gif

No, Weir is AA and doesn't play Beckley but I know a few other teams in AAA that will beat them. Yeah, you have a squad w/ a lot of team speed, but you have no playoff experience. Your team was 2-8 last season. I see them making it to the semis. They will not beat Nitro and end up the #3 team in the state in AAA come playoff time. They will lose in the semis, IMO. I'm not trying to start a fight either. I'm just stating my opinion. It will be Morgantown and Nitro or Morgantown and Jefferson for the AAA crown.

If I'm wrong, then I will be here and admit that I am wrong. I predicted Weir to beat JM, and even though one of their best players was out at WR/S and Weir should have won, I admitted I was wrong. I can't stand Nitro, and their fans think Culbertson will play in the NFL one day which is hillarious, but I can honestly say I think they will beat WW. I thought Princeton would give them a good game after they beat Bluefield so handily, but they just smacked them. We will see after Friday I guess.

Princeton is banged up pretty good. Gardner isn't close to 100% from what I understand and the Hayes kid might not be back for another couple of weeks. All I know is that Bluefield was far more competitive with Nitro in their scrimmage then Princeton was with them Friday night.

And heathly or not, Princeton isn't in Beckley's league this year. Yes, they have a good offense when healthy, but defensively Beckley is lightyears better than Princeton in every aspect from the defensive line to the secondary.

Say what you want, but Nitro will win this game by a FG or TD. It will be close, but WW won't have an answer for Culbertson. I'm not sold on a team coming off the type of season WW had last year and winning it all. The top three teams in AAA IMO right now in this order are Morgantown, Nitro, WW and then Parkersburg at 4. The to eastern panhandle teams, Martinsburg and Jefferson, are not legit contenders. Morgantown smacked Martinsburg in each team's second scrimmage which was run like a real game. It wasn't 10 plays, then a change of possession. I think Martinsburg will smack Jefferson when they play, and that will prove neither one of them will make a run at Wheeling. Maybe I'm wrong about WW, and if I am then I i will be the first to make a thread saying I am wrong.