VT vs WVU score update

Bulldogs52

[ QUOTE ]

They taunted him, and I'm sure he's sick of being called a child molester over something he was cleared of, but he still needs to keep his composure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleared, didn't he get a suspended sentence? You don't get cleared and suspended jail time. Oh, and a year long suspension from the team? That dosen't fit with a man that was cleared of all charges. I know he's on the straight and narrow now, but please don't allow the truth to become a casulty of VPI's success.

I didn't even mention "Mary Jane".

Please read my post again. I said:

"I'm sure he's sick of being called a child molester over something he was cleared of."

You're right though. He wasn't cleared of that charge because he was never charged to begin with. My mistake.

Let's be honest guys, athletes in general get away with too much. I don't condone the Mountaineer comments on Sat. they were inappropriate and had nothing to do with the game. On the flip side if Marcus Vick wasn't Mike's little brother and a good athlete he likely wouldn't be playing at Tech after what he did. The reality is few coaches today will set down a player when he gets into trouble if he can deliver on the feild. What Vick and many athletes, both college and pro need to realize is that they have 8 year olds looking up to them and many are being horrible role models. Too many athletes take their God given abilities for granted and aren't willing to realize that with great power, privilige, and influence comes great responsibility.

[ QUOTE ]

What Vick and many athletes, both college and pro need to realize is that they have 8 year olds looking up to them and many are being horrible role models.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with that statement, however disagree that he wouldn't still be at Tech if he wasn't Mike's brother and a good athlete. People make mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. Doesn't matter what his name is or who his brother is.

[ QUOTE ]

Marcus was charged with contributing the delinquency of a minor, reckless driving and possession of marijuana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, was it conviction or acquittal on one or all three counts?