Bluefields future

mavsgrad

Best Bluefield team???  

1. 1. Best Bluefield team???

[ QUOTE ]

Of course Weir wants another shot at Bluefield, but no matter what their goal is to beat whoever gets in their way of a state title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they have failed that goal the past 2 years

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't get so confident just yet b/c this year's Weir team is stacked

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not say the same thing last year???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year's Weir team was stacked and I'm not going to get into it w/ you about the game b/c you know what happened and it involved 95% of the Bluefield fans leaving b/c they all but gave up on the Beavers. The last two years Bluefield had a great team and while I think they've got a good team this year, it's not a state championship caliber squad. If you want to think you can beat Weir go ahead, but we will find out soon enough!!!

While we're discussing games of Bluefield/James Monroe past, does anyone remember the talk leading up to last year's game? Several JM fans were calling Rusty Coeburn overrated and what happened next? Rusty drops 300 yards and 3 TDs on you at Lindside, all in the first half in my memory serves me correct.

Funny, when they played some real competition they got smacked confused.gif...Imagine that LMAO!!! The 1st team all state QB(Coeburn) throws for 300 and 3TD's and the 2nd team All State QB(Sperlazza) throws for a state record 8TD's on your sorry excuse for a defense. Please come back to reality!!!

In an earlier post you were going to hang 60 on JM, now you say 40. Are we getting better, or are you afraid your mouth night say more then your behind can back up? lol

Maybe this will refresh your memory..

QUOTE:

Oh, I have definitely moved on. I just still can't begin to understand how you think you have a quality program. You're a decent team, that's it. If you get into the playoffs again this year, it will be the same result as last season. Yeah we lost to Bluefield by 1 point , but how bad did they destroy you in the regular season? I don't have to worry about it b/c Weir will be playing for the AA title on December 2nd while JM is at home watching the game. WHEN you guys take another early exit from the playoffs, what is your excuse going to be this time? The bit about the players getting thrown off the team is getting a bit old. If JM and Weir play again, I'd really like to meet some of these JM fans and see the look on their face when Weir hangs 60 on them AGAIN!

quote:

Hope this helps..lol

unfortunately fans dont win games the players on the field win games and bluefield has enough good players year in and year out to beat just about any team in wv and have proven it year in and year out. and just because a lot of fans leave a game early doesnt mean a team cannot win. as proven last year with a state title. with out at the end as you said 95% of their fans. so i would not put a lot of stock into fans winning a game for you

I havent been on in a while but reading this the Mav fan is so cocky. I tell you I would like to me him at the gate at mitchell the night the Beavs play them. JM has not proved anything this year. They beat teams but Mav fan look at your past and tell me what they have proved up there. With Powell out our chances did go down but they will beat JM without him. As far as the rest of they season for the Beavs I belive it will be 2-1 with the loss to HH. Thats because it is there. If JM fan want to talk a lot of smack please go tell you coaching staff to schedule some better teams, they went away from play MV, Princeton because they like to stay undefeated. I would say as for your ranking right now you guys should be 8 or 9 maybe!!!! Maybe one day JM will be on the level of the Beavs but I very much doubt it. I woudlnt be suprised if JM's coaching staff is up there right now thinking man I wish we didnt have to go to Bluefield. Everyday its in thier minds and yours to.

Oh my goodness, woe woe woe. I am not cocky whatsoever. I am not saying we will definetly beat Bluefield, I am not saying we will go to Wheeling. Past history is definetly against us on both subjects. However, realistically we should be ranked about 4th or 5th, Bluefield in the past has figured out ways to win tough ball games but they aren't as good this year as everyone is giving them credit for. And once again the weak schedule comes up. Actually the last time we played both MV and Princeton the same year we did finish undefeated, oh and we beat Bluefield as well that year. I'm not saying Bluefield is a horrible team who doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs but what i am saying is that they are getting ready to play 3 teams who from everything I've seen are better than them. Does that mean they'll lose, no. Does it mean that they won't make the playoffs, not nessacerily. What i am I'm saying is Bluefield thus far hasn't had a much tougher schedule than JM, have lost twice and yet everyone thinks Bluefield has a legitimate shot to win out and go back to Wheeling. I'm done with talking about, I kinda regret starting this thread. I'm content to just let things play out on the field. You guys feel free to argue and interpret my commnets however you please.

JM opponents record Bluefields opponents record

15-30 18-21

[ QUOTE ]

What i am I'm saying is Bluefield thus far hasn't had a much tougher schedule than JM, have lost twice and yet everyone thinks Bluefield has a legitimate shot to win out and go back to Wheeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception of Oak Hill and Shady Spring, two programs which are in rebuilding phases, Bluefield has beaten two quality opponents in Grundy and Graham. Grundy is much better than their record indicates and Graham has a tough squad this year despite dropping two straight. I'm also fairly certain that James Monroe would have trouble handling either of these teams. It is a moot point though because as many have said, all that matters is what transpires on the field. Good luck to James Monroe on their remaining schedule.

I'll make you Mavs' fans a deal. If Bluefield beats you, I don't want to hear anything else about JM until after the playoffs. If you all win, I won't say another thing about Weir on here until after teh state championship game? Any takers?

I'm still waiting. Come on Mavs fans. You say you're tired of me talking about how much better Weir is than JM, so someone take the deal. If you're so confident, agree to this so you won't have to hear from me until after December if you actually think that your team is that good and they will come out of the game w/ a win.

I'm all for it dude. If we win you give us the respect we deserve and quit with the, Weir will put 40 or 60 w/e it is on JM. If the Beaves win I'll give them respect and stop pushing JM really hard.

So inmature, If you don't talk I wont. I'll post anytime I feel like it. My posts won't be dictated by someone from Weir.

I don't care how much you talk about Weir. I think we know where you're coming from.

If you don't like JM posting. Stay off of here...I'm sure we'll miss you, but we'll get by..........

Who are you telling to stop posting on here? Do you realize EVERYONE on this board thinks your team is sorry? I talk about Weir b/c they've proven time and time again they are one of the top programs in AA. MavsGrad, I'm glad you took the deal, and I will stick to my word and won't post again until after the state championship if you beat Bluefield.