Pentax K-1000 35mm SLR Camera

BigD4VT

I have a Pentax K-1000 35mm SLR with a Pentax-A 50mm f2 lens for sale. This is a totally manual mechanical camera. You set the shutter speed, aperture and focus manually. You must load the film by hand, advance each frame by hand, and rewind at the end of the roll by hand.

This is the classic "Student Camera". It is used in more high schools and colleges than any other model. If you're planning to take a class, or just want to learn the basics of photography, you can't go wrong with this camera.

It is in perfect working condition. It does show some wear with brassing on the metal body but the Pentax expert I bought it from adjusted the meter, installed new light seals, new mirror bumper, and gave it a cleaning just before he sold it to me a few months ago.

I hate to sell it, because I prefer the old mechanical cameras, but my eyesight seems to be declining since I can't focus as well as I used to. Therefore I bought an auto-focus Nikon and no longer need the Pentax.

The asking price is $75 and includes the camera, lens, lens cap, and "20 cable release.

The picture below is the actual camera for sale. I'm also posting a couple recent shots to show the camera works perfectly.

a7a.jpg

7dc.jpg

ae8.jpg