Mount View is Still talking

Hillbilly

Brandon Cunningham, Mount View's talented tailback, can reel off the weapons in a hurry, from record-setting quarterback Adrian Thomas to speedy Cordero High and big receivers like Eric Smith and Shannon Thomas.

"We've got so many weapons on our team. We've got me, Cordero, Adrian, Eric, all of us, we've got to many weapons on this team to lose," Cunningham said. "We're just going to have to go out there and score and don't show no mercy. Just keep scoring and scoring."

I guess there is no use to play the game tonight according to the Mount View players the Beavers don't stand a chance.

Mt. View are a bunch of overconfident (Please don't use this word to describe someone, especially high school kids). As everyone well knows I have no love for Bluefield but I do respect their program. While I believe that Mt. View has the better team this year once again they have the problem of chalking up a win before opening kickoff. Mt. View consistenly fails to show up for some games. With that kind of attitude Bluefield will beat them.

If you would've read the article in the paper carefully Hillbilly you would've noticed the kid never said one derogatory statement about any school. Yes he was a bit cocky on his and his teammates talents but when he said they would just to have to keep scoring and show no mercy that's what the players on any team try to do to any team they face. Coaches are the ones who decide to call off the dogs. As for Mavsgrad James Monroe has fooled themselves year after year by going undefeated or losing 1 game only to get beat each year almost in the first round every time. You guys do play Bluefield but we all know the only reason is because of the crowd that the game brings = $$$$$. If you played them because of the competition you would add some more competitive teams on that schedule with bluefield such as MV maybe Wayne,Herbert Hoover, or even Weir. MV will play anyone in AA as long as they will agree to a home and home series. One other thing just because you don't like something someone says or agree with it doesn't make them an idiot. Just give your view of what's said without name calling and ost people will respect you.

Well over-confident or not we will either see a really good game tonight or a really ugly game tonight...What Bluefield looks like tonight is going to show what the rest of the season is going to be like..If bluefield lets there gaurd down on defense then this game could be over quickly...But if we stay mentally and physically focussed then lets go to Hoover with 5 straght wins

Im off to the mall then the game

Goodluck bluefield and may both teams have a safe game

When I say overconfident I am not saying they are overrated and untallented. But MV has a habit of coming into games and thinking they have the game won and they basically lay down and don't play. The other thing I mean by that is that anyone who overlooks Bluefield is a fool. Bluefield is always dangerous even when they are dowm.

I guess they arent talking now he he...good job beaver i dont care much for mv.One year when graham played down there the refs made our band quit playing.So i hope they felt the butt kicken they got tonite.

i guess we pulled this one out of our tails! Glad to see your a comedian, you just need a lil work on predicting football scores, especially on a bluefield team that has been to 3 straight state title games

I agree that you should not call anyone an idiot. But then you go on a binge against James Monroe. I know JM don't have the toughest schedule in the state, neither does MV. JM plays who they can get. Ask some of the area teams how hard it is to schedule games.

You mention teams we might ought to play. I don't believe MV has any of them on their schedule, other then Bluefield. As far as Playing MV, the last time we played MV, we hung 50 plus points on you. So I think you would agree JM's not afraid to play MV.

As far as playoiffs go, you might want to check a little closer, JM has been pretty successful. Very seldom have they went out in the first round.

This post is no way a put down of MV. JM consolidated in 1994, if we make it this year, we will have gone to the playoffs 9 out of 12 years. I don't believe MV has done any better.

I do wish you success the rest of the way.