narrows vs. bland

greenwavefan57

I play for East Mont and we have played both Narrows and Bland this year. To me both teams are pretty evenly matched. Narrows has more size on defense and Bland has more speed. I think Bland is better this year than most Narrows fans think. Still, I think Narrows will pull off the win at home 21-14. cool.gif

Narrows by 2 touchdowns, I was on the bears wagon for a while, but with a loss to The owls of Big Creek I think reality has set in, but who knows that is why you play the game maybe they can pull the upset it would be nice to see...But I will play the odds Narrows 28 bears 13

I seen Narrows at the scrimmage against Tazewell they are good. I seen Bland against Rural Retreat and the bears have come a long way. I just think last friday Big Creek just wanted it more. Bland will win this 14-7.

Bland has some size, and speed.. i think they can beat narrows with the pass.. narrows is loaded though this year.. they look good on film, only down fall on them is they can't tackle very well. Bland will put up a fight but i think narrows will pull it off in a close one

I've already picked Narrows over Bland by 7, but I have a question...Why is Narrows so cocky and arrogant (especially on the Va Preps message board)? They are the only MED fans who constantly put down other teams while preaching how BADASS their own 4-2 team is. I don't see other MED schools doing this on the message boards. Not all the Narrows fans are bad, but go to VA Preps and check it out, most are. I'm from East Mont and could care less about the MED, but Narrows must have the most redneck, trash-talkin' fans in the area. Peace! cool.gif

Guest old_school

I've watched Bland play twice this year and they are a pretty good team. They can score quickly and have fairly good size. I think they can win this game in a shoot-out 34-28.

Most are trash talking HSers that just like to run their mouths. While I can't say I've had the pleasure of watching the Bears this season, I'm just going on the fact that they were HORRID last year and not much can change for the good in a year. Narrows has one of shining teams for the MED right now. Looking at the record, Narrows lost to Giles which is D2 in a game that wasn't decided until the last 5 minutes and to James Monroe (WV) which is AA in WV and ranked third at the moment and undefeated. I'm not saying Bland has no shot in this one. By all means, they do. I'm just saying that if the Wave bring their A game on Friday night, it's going to be tough for Bland to leave with a W.

You say that not much can change for the good in only one year, and yet I seem to remember a Narrows team back in 2001 that only won one game (and was beaten by Bland 45-19) and then won about 8 games the next year (and defeated Bland 35-8)! The BIG difference for Bland this year is the coach. He's brought new a new attitude to the team and several underclassmen have really stepped up their game. Win or lose, BC has had a great season so far and I wish both teams the best on Friday night!

Boys a great year? Raise the standards! How many games have you won 3 or 4, which I know is an improvement and that is good, but great would be if you can beat teams like Big creek..lol...Craig Co., narrows, and Grayson Co. Grayson does seem to be down so you guys will have a chance...winning 4 games a season is not a great season it is an average season, win 5 or 6 it would be a successful season...But success in my book is measured by wins and the playoffs....You guys are competitive but a great season..no way...If you were having a great season you would have taken care of business at Big Creek Friday..But a big chance to prove me wrong friday when you go to Narrows and I hope you do as a fan of the game...Best of Luck on your "good" season so far.

We're now 4-2. There are 4 games left to play. For the last two years we have won only 2 games per year. (In 2001 we made the playoffs.) Forgive me if I think we have had a "great" year. When we were picked to win only 1 game before the season started, people would have been surprised to see us at 4-2. As for Big Creek, they are a lot better than most people think and they caught us (on the road) on an off night (we had about 6 turnovers). Go ahead and continue to "put us in our place" if you want. We just take it game by game.

I think this game will be a very low scoring game. hard hitting and ALOT of smack talk (mostly narrows) narrows is loaded with alot of very respectable athlets, but bland is loaded with heart it sounds cheezy but its true. i think this will be the game to dicide the MED for sure its make of break for both teams. this is one of the games to keep your eyes on this friday. good luck to both teams!