Abingdon-Lee

zach

I know this isn't a big game like Richlands's or anyones, but anyone know much about Lee? I heard they only use like a couple of formations and the QB (Perdue) is decent. Anyone care to comment?

They have some big guys, I hope our line can compete. And that Purdue kid supposedly is good right? They are 1-6 (I believe), we are 2-6, hopefully we can get the Win, because for alot of "peoples" sake, we need it.

Lee is 1-6...beat Cawood. They've improved over the season, still having some bad luck. Lee lost to Haysi 28-7, but if it had been played earlier in the season, it may have been a lot worse. Lee did have a chance to score a couple more times in that game, once they were stopped at the 2 yard line on fourth down but the down before that the running back slipped and fell at the 6, unfortunate there yet again. Then they just missed on connecting on about a 40-45 yard bomb early in the game. I listend to it on the radio, didn't get to see it because the game was in Haysi.

Perdue is good. He's a strong qb, takes a pretty good beating most games. He has a strong arm, too strong most of the time, that could be because he's running for his life on most plays lol. They do have a big line, but sounded like they struggled with the speed of Haysi, and Lee does have a couple of decent rb's and a good reciever in Garret.

I think it'll be a close game, it wouldn't suprise me if Lee were to win though.

By the way, I think Lee needs a win more than Abingdon, better yet, I KNOW they do LOL.

Anyway, good luck to both teams, hope it's a good game.

the haysi gome wasnt as close as the score or apparently the radio made it seem but at the same time we didnt run away with it.Perdue is a very good QB who I think would start for any team in the Reg D, SWD or HD. But the problem is like beamerball said he is always running OK WRs and RBs average line big,but average, descent D(they have the abality to be a good team) as far as formations all I saw was I 3 wide,and split backs under center and shotgun in the second half mostly shotgun(they were down and had trouble blocking or DL) the lone score came on a swing pass to the RB( where the WR hit our OLB while he was "running his route" the pass was across the LOS so that is a penalty or so I thought)but I was very impressed with them not a great team but not bad confused.gif

Yeah, I can't wait to play them... I also noticed they used alot of max protection, which will suck, but if we win, as I hope we do, its all good. Good luck Lee, hope everyone comes out injury free... Beamerball, will you be at this game?

I figured that, really wasn't able to follow the game very well for some reason, don't know if it was them, me, or just the way the game was going, lol. Like tiger said for the haysi game, they do have games where blocking is, ummm...well, not so good(may be big, but not exactly quick lol).

That's cool, maybe I will see you there, but I doubt Lee needs a win more than Abingdon, more like Coach Gregory. to get the win and get the criticcs off his back.

Well....he's definately not alone, there's some on Coach Wolfe's back too..haha.

I just said that, because they haven't had more than 2 wins in season since '99. A win this week and then a good chance against J.J. Kelly next week would give them 3 wins, Ok maybe not a very good reason LOL. But hey, at least they would end the season on sort of a good note(sort of because they finish with Va High). So....yeah. Anyway, it would just be nice to beat someone other than cawood and j.j. kelly. frown.gif

On a side note, Lee's jv team is now 7-1 grin.gif, coming off a good win against Powell Valley this week, 45-14. They have some talent coming up from that team.

good luck to lee in the future I hope they do good. No offense but it is sad to see a school that size struggle all they have left to play for this year is pride but dont forget that is the most important thing. Also is the QB a junior or senior, senior right?

Congrats on the huge district win! Lee should beat JJ Kelly fairly easily. But if they manage to beat VA High, how would they determine the Highlands District Champ with both VA High and Lee being 2-1 in the district?

Did Lee even attempt a pass in that game? I know they did on the two-point conversion attempts, but I can't remember a pass any other time, maybe one.

Anyway, ongrats Lee, good win, exciting game to watch also!

http://www.timesnews.net/sportsArticle.dna?_StoryID=3560334

By Staff report

BEN HUR - Lee High built an early lead and then held off a furious second-half rally to down Abingdon 18-15 in Highlands District football action Friday.

The Generals' Cubby Scholls intercepted a pass with two minutes left to play to preserve the win.

Hank Middleton helped Lee (2-6, 1-1) build an 18-point lead with two touchdowns in the first half, and finished the game with 178 yards on 33 carries. Jared Will rushed 15 times for 77 yards and a score for the Generals.

Abingdon (2-7, 0-2) was led by Duran Carson, who rushed for 53 yards on 12 carries and a touchdown.