Something interesting!!

tullyblanchard

The Bearcats (2-0, 3-6) can clinch their second straight Highlands District title tonight with a win at Lee. VHS has dropped five straight games against Gate City, Tazewell, Honaker, Richlands and Graham.

"We’ve looked in the school trophy case and researched the school records and Virginia High has never won two straight district titles in football," Smith said. "This is a great opportunity. It’s something we’ve been waiting for over the past six or seven weeks."

Oh that's why VHS hasn't won in the past 5 weeks!! Coach Smith has been waiting on this Lee game so they can win the Lowlands District title for the second straight year. That's awesome!!! Congrats to Virginia High if they win back to back district titles!!! That's like winning a blue ribbon at the Special Olympics!! duh huh

[ QUOTE ]

That's like winning a blue ribbon at the Special Olympics!! duh huh

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a little harsh don't you think? Making fun of the special olympics and making fun of a team playing a game. Real classy. Its not their fault that they (or any Highlands team)don't have a winning record, its just what district they are in. Who knows, they could pull off another upset like last year? And for his comment, he shouldn't have said that, but what team doesn't have a specific game circled on their schedule? (Richlands- Tazewell, Lebanon-Honaker, etc...)

tullyblanchard is right....VA High is the worst Double A team around. What have they done that is so great. They can't be a team in the Southwest District. Grundy is the weakest team in the southwest this year and still they are 3 touchdowns better than Va. High.

The highlands district is not the lowlands district. It is the weaklands district. They could not even win the black diamond district championship.

Zach is right!!! Why would any one make fun of the special olympics. Never know what could happen in a person's life time that could leave them disabled. There have been a lot of idiots in the past few weeks compare teams to deaf and blind teams etc. Definitely NO CLASS!!!!

Dr. Samuel Johnson: Olson Johnson is right. What kind of people are we anyhow? I say we stay and fight it out!

Howard Johnson: Dr. Samuel Johnson's right about Olson Johnson being right. And I'm not giving up my ice cream parlor, that I built with these two hands, for nothing or nobody.

Sam Johnson: Howard Johnson is right!

Van Johnson: Right!

Howard Johnson: Thank you, Van.

Hoping that I'm not the only "Blazing Saddles" fan here. Otherwise, this post is for naught.

Whatever, whatever, no class whatever.... Take it anyway you want. You should never look ahead to one specific game. Play one game at a time. Zach, I understand what you mean, having one team circled on your schedule. For you at Abingdon it's Battle because that's the only win you can count on every year.

[ QUOTE ]

tullyblanchard is right....VA High is the worst Double A team around. What have they done that is so great. They can't be a team in the Southwest District. Grundy is the weakest team in the southwest this year and still they are 3 touchdowns better than Va. High.

The highlands district is not the lowlands district. It is the weaklands district. They could not even win the black diamond district championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed Virginia High is the worst AA team considering they beat both Marion and Abingdon (who are AA teams), you moron. I'm not saying these are great accomplishments or that VHS deserves special recognition for these victories, but it does mean they are not the worst AA team, which is what you stated as a completely ignorant person. By the way, I seriously doubt that Grundy is 3 TDs better than VHS. Tazewell scored 21 on VHS. They scored over 60 on Grundy. Call me crazy, but I doubt Grundy would beat VHS by 3 touchdowns.