Power points

LegendatLegion

Wow! Region D is good drama. With Honaker, GC, and Powell Valley all finshing their regular seasons tonight, the Haysi vs. Grundy game next week has quite a bit riding on it. My (totally unofficial) figuring has Honaker ranging from 19.6-20.0 which is all dependent upon Haysi winning or losing next week. Gate City is finished with a 19.5! It looks like GC can do no better than a #2 and possibly a #3. I may be missing something, and i don't know how Betsy lane and Letcher Co. figure into things pointswise. Haysi looks to be at 20.25 (8 games averaged) if they win and 19.0 if they lose. Hurley going 8-2 helped the BDD teams immensely this year. I don't know if Haysi will be higher or lower if the 2 Kentucky games are figured in, or how they do figure in. I was just curious if GC could pass Honaker or not. Richlands winning would be even for GC and Honaker. If Lebanon wins it would kill GC and help Honaker. Really weird! I am positive Powell Valley is the #4 seed and will travel to Honaker or Haysi. No idea if GC will host or travel. confused.gif

Go to www.vhsl.org and follow the links to the ratings which usually come out late monday evening. I believe the region D ratings are on page 23, the site also will give you the out-of-state rankings that all Va. teams play, I don't know what page that'll be but it's right behind the single A rankings and it will give you which division they are considered in Va., some of the teams like Breathitt Co. are after the AA standings. Then you can go to www.maxpreps.com and find the records of every team in the USA by following the links. I know it sounds like a pain but it's not as hard as it sounds. Good luck.

Yeah did a little bit of that last night. PV is a lock for the #4 seed. A lot is to be determined, next week. Grundy and Haysi control a lot of the fate of Region D Division2. If (according to VHSL helper site www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/regionD.html) Haysi wins there would be a virtual tie between GC, Honaker and Haysi with the boys from Haysi winning #1 seed because of the secondary rating and GC would drop to #3 and both LPD teams would travel. cool.gif

yeah I went to helpers site looked arround and got confused confused.gif but you explained it. Alot rides on this game not just for us but for the entire region, if it does end up that the tigers both host I demand that one game starts 1:00 and one at 5:00(so I can watch them both grin.gif) regardless of who plays who where the next two weeks are going to be great. grin.gif

GO TIGERS!!!

It appears to me that the Haysi vs. Grundy game is virtually irrelevant as it relates to seeding. The most important game is Lebanon and Richlands. If Elliots' website is right,even if Haysi beats Grundy, Gate City would be the #1 seed, unless Lebanon pulls the biggest upset of the season, which I think virtually none of us foresee happening. If all that happens, then Gate City would host Powell Valley, who defeated the Devils at Bullitt Park in regular season and Haysi would host Honaker whom they lost to in regular season. Kinda screwy if you know what I mean.