WVU/Cincinatti

Guest JJBrickface

Hat's off to WVU. They have a lot of YOUNG talent and will be tough to handle for the next few years. Coach Rod has done an excellent job with the program.

But... the announcers said that as good as they were playing, they could handle VT, if they could get a shot at them again this year.

I'm sorry but believe the outcome would be the same as the first game...

I believe Tech would still win but i was at the game and when White came in the game changed. We were already down at that point though and then the special temas blunder before half did us in. They would probably win again but WVU can play with them. We are peaking at a good time and Tech has lost at a bad time for them.

Guest JJBrickface

WVU could definately beat VT. Some bad turnovers killed us in that game. I think if WVU played VT in a bowl that they would have a good shot at winning.

Seriously, and EH31 can back me up on this, 9 out of 10 cars in Alabama have a "Roll Tide" sticker or some other Alabama football sticker, flag, magnet, ect. Of course 8 out of 10 also have a cracked windshield, missing muffler, and bald tires grin.gif

I just think its funny how virginia tech runs there mouths saying " oh yea, after we beat miami were gonna go play and beat USC or Texas"...Well apparently they spent to much time talking and not enough praticing because they got stomped by the canes.

[ QUOTE ]

I just think its funny how virginia tech runs there mouths saying " oh yea, after we beat miami were gonna go play and beat USC or Texas"...Well apparently they spent to much time talking and not enough praticing because they got stomped by the canes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful Rocks, unless you want this thread deleted. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The offense sure did. The defense did their part but the offense was doomed. As always, I blame Stinespring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta disagree with you there, while the defense played much better than the offense, they consistently allowed Wright to pick them apart on short passes. They also continually allowed Miami to get 3rd and shorts where they could utilize the short passes and throw under the coverage. I had very bad feeling about the second half when Miami came out and got a 29 yard run on their first play from scrimmage.

Guest JJBrickface

And its unfair to blame Stinespring. He probably didn't call his best game, but did he throw two interceptions? Did he fumble the ball four times? Did he overthrow an open receiver a number of times? You have to credit Miami's defense and the lack of execution by the offense. Miami outplayed Virginia Tech on both sides of the line. Miami's QB play was more efficient, Miami's running game was as well. Evem Miami's Special Teams was better. You hear alot about Beamer ball on tv but that has surely been missing this year.

[ QUOTE ]

they consistently allowed Wright to pick them apart on short passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the game plan. Miami has big play ability. Foster wanted to keep the game in front of his defense and make Miami get their yards in small chunks. Turnovers led to 17 of the 27 points Miami scored. The defense allowed only 300 yards. They did their part.

No Stinespring didn't make any turnovers but had a horrible game plan. He played right into Miami's hands. You beat Miami by running the football. Even Beamer admitted they should've run more option which apparently was a major part of the game plan that was abandoned after one play.

As for WVU, they're playing well right now. If VT gets them in a bowl, which I don't think will happen, they could make it a closer game.

[ QUOTE ]

That was the game plan. Miami has big play ability. Foster wanted to keep the game in front of his defense and make Miami get their yards in small chunks. Turnovers led to 17 of the 27 points Miami scored. The defense allowed only 300 yards. They did their part.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the case, they failed miserably to put pressure on Wright with the front four. He had all of the time in the world.

Guest JJBrickface

Thats why you can't just blame the coaches and you have to give Miami credit. They outplayed VT in all three phases of the game.

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, and EH31 can back me up on this, 9 out of 10 cars in Alabama have a "Roll Tide" sticker or some other Alabama football sticker, flag, magnet, ect. Of course 8 out of 10 also have a cracked windshield, missing muffler, and bald tires grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Its very true! They love thier Tide in Alabama, especially Tuscaloosa. I almost got jumped for wearing a tennessee hat, and my dad who likes auburn had a auburn helmet on his truck antenna and we went into walmart and came back out and someone took it off, and cut it into a bunch of diff. peices and layed it on his hood lol. They funnest thing to do in Tuscaloosa on a Saturday Night, is to go into the street and say "Go Bama" and you hear half the city say "Roll Tide"