ESPN Gameday

PlatinumOdyssey

i can't believe that ESPN would go to cover the MSU / PSU game when the biggest rivalry game in the country is going on just down the road at THE BIG HOUSE... but then again, we all know that'll turn out to be another OSUx beating by the hands of MICHIGAN -- GO BLUE!!!

and 2 or 3 more wins coming by field goals... maybe its because they're name is michigan. i don't understand it either, but i watched them play a couple times this year, they ain't too bad, just young, they need to get that 1 reciever going like braylon edwards was for em last year and they could be really good

well, the loss to ND was horrible... we beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard - it happens. but no shame in losing to that team. the games we lost to Wisconsin and Minnesota??? who knows what happens there... they're good teams, but the only way to explain that is that it's the big 10.

now if you wanna ask why we're ranked so high - yeah, i'll agree that a little has to do with our name, but that happens too... however, the biggest reason is because of our quality wins over teams like a Michigan State that was ranked 11th at the time (and that's what matters) an 8th ranked Penn State (but 5th now)..... and other big 10 teams. and after we beat the dog poo out of 7th ranked OSUx tomorrow, we'll move up even higher.

enjoy..... GO BLUE!!!!!

oh yeah, and you say that 2 or 3 of our wins came by a field goal... well, if that's a legit argument, then 2 of our 3 losses came by a field goal... and the one to ND was by a single TD...

so who should be ahead of Michigan... Fresno? Lousiville? TCU? UTEP? BC??? GIMME A BREAK... if anything - Michigan should be in the top 10. but no worries 'cuz we will be in the top 10 if we take care of bucknut business.

Michigan had a terrible season to be ranked in the top 10- no way do they deserve that. I agree with the other ppl, why is UM still ranked? This year was the first year since I think 97 or so that they fell out of the rankings altogether, and they did it a few times, not just once. They have managed to pull things together a bit better the 2nd half of the season, but they are mostly just getting by on their name.... Now, we had a crazy start to our season, beating most teams by atleast like 30 points and then i'm not really sure what happened, so who knows- last game today...

the computer DOES NOT CARE what your team name is... it takes in all the data - and spits out the rankings. data in, data out - that's it... it doesn't care about names. so we must have been doing something right to be ranked 15th in the BCS. and i never guarantee a win in this Michigan / Ohio State game, because anything can happen..... even though we do seem to just have their number. but if we win this - i'm sure we'll move up and it won't be because of the name... it'll be because we beat yet ANOTHER top 10 team.

enjoy the game

oh yeah - and my question a couple posts up was - if Michigan doesn't "deserve" their ranking, then who "deserves" to be ahead of them??? you experts that have watched all the Michigan games and all the other ranked teams play... just how should the rankings be? because you all obviously know more about what is going on the those that do the polls....