tazewell in 2005-2006

STE

• 2 weeks later...

plenty of new faces this year with the bulldogs returning only 4 players from last year. justin wilson is the only returning starter. david saunders, tj rasnick, drew walker, and jarrod burton will probably be the starting lineup with wilson. the bench looks to be pretty deep with several juniors and a few seniors.

Tough game comin up tonight. Drew and Justin better do something special tonight. Burton needs to just calm down and take things slow. Raz needs to shot the ball more.D's needs more 20+ point games. But all around we gettin better and closer just some tempers to work on.

T-Town 1-0 lets go 2-0

[ QUOTE ]

Tough game comin up tonight. Drew and Justin better do something special tonight. Burton needs to just calm down and take things slow. Raz needs to shot the ball more.D's needs more 20+ point games. But all around we gettin better and closer just some tempers to work on.

T-Town 1-0 lets go 2-0

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like you got a bunch of attitudes. Sounds like the football team all over again.

Are you talking about Drew Walker and Justin Wilson? Wilson could be a good player if he stays around the basket and Walker is pretty quick and can score inside. But in my own opinion, from what i saw when we played against thier team in a youth league last spring, neither of em is too good. They get frustrated really easy. Walker threw a punch at one of our players when we was up big. I think we beat them around 30-40. Tazewell should be at the bottom of the swd this year.

Guest old_school

Can anyone get Tazewell's schedule posted? I would like to see some of the SWD games but don't have a schedule.

so what if jj kelly beat us..... we didn't have anytime to prepare.... soon as we got to tha school we had like 5 minutes to get dressed and get ready to play... not trying to use excuses or anything but not touching a basketball since last friday then commin out an playing a game without practice is pretty rough.... we will be alright it's still early in the season....

I wouldn't pick Honaker to be in the basement of the BDD. Even though we had like 3 starters from last year quit the team, we have some pretty good young talent. Hurley should be 5th in the BDD and Twin Valley, Council, and Honaker will all be battling for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

yes, it is early in the season... but if t-town doesn't start playing as a team instead of individuals.. it's not going to happen again this year. 20+ turnovers by one player is unbelievable.. definately need some passing techniques. sharing the ball is not always a bad thing. you boys keep working and work together.. you might make it!

GO DAWGS!

it wasn't jus one player.... i mean i know i had a few and i know a bunch of others had a few it's still early in tha season and we have a lot of people hurt right now... we will come around.... and for everyone that said 1 player had like 20 turnovers you can blame me

Dave---you know just as well as I do---the team is in danger. Not demolishing the teams plans or confidence but dag yall just dont have the talent on the team compared to last year. We had some players that had the skills inside of them. Some people are blessed with the skills naturally. But none of the players now--have it and it is to late to polish up their game at the beginning stage.. This is due to the town of Tazewell's lack of influencing kids to play ball at a young age and providing the courts or goals to play on. The goal at the park that corey dunked on had a missing rim for a year. We complained about it and they took their sweet time getting another one up. Im glad I lived in Princeton for a second to have a chance to get my game up. Sorry for your loss opportunity to the guys of Tazewells team. I understand fully- you all never get to play anywhere until season time. Good luck though--you know Im behind you.

Yeah...Tazewell had a ton of talent last year. All those seniors going on to play D1...oh wait a minute...1A...oops...Division II...nope Division III....uh oh my bad....NAIA...wow...Am I missing something here????

ps- Real classy to get on here and slam your former team. If I remember correctly, last year's team finished with a sub .500 record and went out in the first round of the playoffs. 4 teams finished the 2004-2005 SWD season with identical records. If this was a display of your awesome talents, I doubt Tazewell will miss you too much. David Saunders is a class act. You could learn a lot from him.

yea Saunders is a class act he gets on here and uses every excuse he can think of as to why they lost to a pethetic JJ Kelly team. Tazewell is a joke in basketball i dont know why any of them would even waste their time. When your two low post players are 5'11 and 6'0 your not gonna win very man games, even at the high school level. I think a couple of yall should wise up and start worrying about next football season and quit kidding yourselves...Tazewell has not had a good basketball team for atleast the last 6 years, theyll probablly never have another one.

Hey Look. I used to play ball 4 the dawgs. Granted the team is having to restructure. They are a young bunch. I have not always been the biggest Tim Rasnick fan but so what. Your best advice would be to let the boys play. Irealize that your name says Bulldog fan but if you really bled green and white then you might have a little more pride. Graham might be good this year but they also have one of our players to beef up their roster and what does richlands, carroll, or grundy have. I can sum it up 4 U quick. NOTHING. Don't bash the dawgs yet. Lets see what happens first.

let the truth be known. The opportunity to develope skills in tazewell is slim. anyways, if you graduated in 1986,, you shouldnt worry about it anyways. because u r old skool.. and out of date. So, get off my sac mr. I had my good games against graham, so whatever let it be.. If you just mind your business in the first place.