Bluefield 21 JM 7 halftime

swva_fan

and when the game was over... we acted like we had done it before. we didn't run out onto their 50 yard line and jump up and down with our helmets in the air, and act like we had won the Super Bowl... we just did our normal thing... business as usual. we had every right to celebrate this BIG win like a bunch of idiots, much like JM did in our house, but the fact is -- we're still a week away. nice job fellas - way to show some class!!!

I agree. It was a very close game untill the final 4 minutes i believe when our kicker keczan kicked a 20 something yard FG to put us up by 10. Then it seemed all the momentum stayed with us the rest of the game...

Hey Total, Did you see that hit where that #15 was spinning around, then out of no-where reese comes and completley nails him, making him fumble the ball and be hurt

play of the day was that TD Catch in the endzone on the farside in my opinion

...but some of your fans and some of your players didn't show any class when JM had a player injured and down on the field and you guys were cheering. Is it classier to celebrate at the end of the game or during an injury timeout??

That having been said, it was a great game to watch and a lot of fun and I'm proud of the season JM had. I thought they were going to pull it out in the 4th, but it didn't work out. Good luck to the beavers.

they weren't cheering because of the injury... when the injury was realized, i hope you noticed that everyone stopped cheering. at least i know i did. regardless of who is playing, nobody wants an injury to anyone. i also hope you noticed that everyone clapped when he walked off...

[ QUOTE ]

they weren't cheering because of the injury... when the injury was realized, i hope you noticed that everyone stopped cheering. at least i know i did. regardless of who is playing, nobody wants an injury to anyone. i also hope you noticed that everyone clapped when he walked off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite right. This wasn't the initial cheering before everyone realized a player was down. This was well after the whistle had been blown and the players had walked to the sideline to wait out the timeout. Then the second round of cheeringe ensued. Even some of the Bluefield players jumped up and down and acknowledge the cheering fans (the group beside the band). I just wasn't impressed with that. But that's all I have to say about it. That's over and done with and I was just making a point that if celebration is justified during an injury, then celebration is justified after a game. We wouldn't have cared where you chose to celebrate. Bluefield won and they deserved to celebrate. Best of luck and may the Beavers represent southern WV with pride.

Which injury was you talking about? I was setting in the middle of the stands and I never heard anyone cheering! As a matter of fact when #15 took that shot in the back everyone I was sitting around was concerned there for a few seconds when he was not moving. Glad to see that there were no major injuries on both sides. Best of luck to the Mavs next year.

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed, they wernt cheering from his injury like total menchuned. They were cheering because of that fumble!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that play. This was in the 4th quarter when Ben Preston went down injured. The fumble hit wasn't the injury I'm talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

Which injury was you talking about? I was setting in the middle of the stands and I never heard anyone cheering! As a matter of fact when #15 took that shot in the back everyone I was sitting around was concerned there for a few seconds when he was not moving. Glad to see that there were no major injuries on both sides. Best of luck to the Mavs next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

4th quarter, Ben Preston injury, group beside the band, on the concession end of the field. You guys might not have noticed it, but we did on the JM side. I heard several comments about it. I just didn't like that. But again, it's over. I was just making a point that if it's not okay to celebrate BIG at the end of a game, then it's not justified to celebrate at all during an injury timeout. Bottom line is it was a great game. Beautiful day. Excellent crowd. This season has been enjoyable. If JM can't represent the south in the title game, I'm glad Bluefield is. Best of luck. Go get 'em!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed, they wernt cheering from his injury like total menchuned. They were cheering because of that fumble!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that play. This was in the 4th quarter when Ben Preston went down injured. The fumble hit wasn't the injury I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking about toward the end of the 4th quarter when the kid was laying on his stomach, around the 20 yard line or so? If so, I was in the section, with rabidbeaver, and I never heard any cheering at all that would have been directed toward the injured player. I only heard a couple of Blfd fans say " I hope he's not hurt we don't need that". Sounds like sour grapes to me.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking about toward the end of the 4th quarter when the kid was laying on his stomach, around the 20 yard line or so? If so, I was in the section, with rabidbeaver, and I never heard any cheering at all that would have been directed toward the injured player. I only heard a couple of Blfd fans say " I hope he's not hurt we don't need that". Sounds like sour grapes to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sour grapes. Just the facts. And I didn't say all cheered. I said some did. Watch the film if you don't believe me.

So there's no misunderstanding, I'm not saying I think anyone from Bluefield was cheering because there was an injury. I don't think that at all. I realize they were cheering because it was an emotional, pumped up game, but it just wasn't the best time for any type of cheering.

Again, best of luck to Bluefield.

i was originally talking about the one with the fumble. i had forgot about the one where the kid was down on his stomach for a while... but i remember now, and i know what you're talking about. i noticed some of the players trying to get each other pumped up, and a very small part of the stands responded. maybe not the exact right time, but it happens... i would have noticed if the roles were reversed.

but still, i was talking about the way you all acted when you won at Bluefield... like you had just won the championship... compared to the way we acted when we won THE game that actually sent us to the championship. i said something about it after it happened that night, and i remembered it today... as i'm sure the players did. you all might start thinking about consequences when you are the visitor and go to center field before and after a game. your actions might come back to bite you... because i'm pretty sure you all would have rather won today then that night at Mitchell

Ok, no problem as long as your not saying we were cheering a JM injury...How many players do you guys lose? Jackson?Robertson? Both of these guys run extremely hard runners and are very impressive. Hats off to the Mavs for showing the heart that they did. They never quit until the end of the game.

i agree about the runners... but i always say the line wins games. and that JM line was killin. we was able to hit the outside and use our speed early on, but it was tough going in the 2nd half. they (JM) did a great job of adjusting in the 2nd half. if it wouldn't have been for that interception -- who knows what would have happened. it was a good game, and we was nervous.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, no problem as long as your not saying we were cheering a JM injury...How many players do you guys lose? Jackson?Robertson? Both of these guys run extremely hard and are very impressive. Hats off to the Mavs for showing the heart that they did. They never quit until the end of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I absolutely am NOT saying Bluefield was cheering because of the injury. I do not think that at all and know you all would never stoop to that level. I have nothing but respect for your program and what you guys have accomplished. It was a great win for the Beavers. Congrats.

As far as the seniors that JM will lose, these come quickly to mind (although I know I am leaving out some, and I apologize to those guys): Andrew Robertson, Mark Boggess, Dalton Pritt, Ben Preston, Heath Mullins, Corey Miller, Ben Miller....a bunch of great guys who played their hearts out this season. They gave it their all. Great game (although I wish JM could've pulled out the last minute win). Best of luck to the Beavers.

[ QUOTE ]

The Jackson kid was very impressive today, #33 I believe? Great player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, #33 is Jason Jackson. He had a great season. And good news is, he's a junior. I'll miss watching Andrew and the other seniors play though. They all brought a lot of good to the JM program.

[ QUOTE ]

yikes... JM returns their line??? luckily - we're a young and rebuilding team this year... we'll get a lot of our players back next year as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuilding or returning players, either way Bluefield is tough.