When did Weir last win a Championship ?..NM

Willie

I think, but don't quote me, that the divisions in the 1940s were way different. I believe that is when the whole idea of splitting the schools by division came into being, and I have some thought that it was just A and AA, or A and B, where A was the largest school.

The reason I asked the question, I got to thinking about all the put down of James Monroe from the Weir People. I didn't realize that Weir had won only one championship in forty some years. The word ELITE was used to describe their football program.

This really peed me off, to think that a team that had won only one championship in forty some years, would have the balls to put down JM, that has been around only eleven years.

I feel better now, just thought I'd get this off my chest..

I am going to say this, JM had a great season and congrats to all of their seniors on setting the standards for future teams. You guys beat Bluefield once and gave them a run for their money the second time. I'm not going to bash your team anymore. I apologize for what I said about the Mavs earlier. Again, congrats on a great season.

I am going to say this, JM had a great season and congrats to all of their seniors on setting the standards for future teams. You guys beat Bluefield once and gave them a run for their money the second time. I'm not going to bash your team anymore. I apologize for what I said about the Mavs earlier. Again, congrats on a great season.

------------------

I accept that, so let's move on. Good luck to all the Super Six Teams...Glad to have you back.

Thanks, and I am glad to be back. Going 12-0 into the semis is very impressive, especially if you had to previously go through Bluefield to do it at Mitchell Stadium. I am sure you will be back in the top 5 in AA again next year. Unfortunately, I don't know if Weir will. They will have a good team w/ enough talent, but like Bluefield this year, will be inexperienced and young. Their freshmen class this year may be one of the most talented to come through Weir since Q's class. They have lost one game and that was by 2 points in 03. I see Weir being 6-4 or 7-3 next year w/ a playoff bid, but nothing like the run they put together this season. Hope some of the JM fans make it up to the Super Six this year. As hard as it was after we lost to Bluefield, I still went to all of the games last year and even met up w/ some of the Bluefield fans from this board.

[ QUOTE ]

I think, but don't quote me, that the divisions in the 1940s were way different. I believe that is when the whole idea of splitting the schools by division came into being, and I have some thought that it was just A and AA, or A and B, where A was the largest school.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Classes were A, BA,and AA

AA was the largest school and only 2 teams made the playoffs..Which meant there was only one game(the state championship)

[ QUOTE ]

State Championships: (1957 - AA)

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1957 three teams went undefeated...Weir(10-0), Fairmont Senior (10-0}, and Big Creek (10-0)..Only two teams were picked to go to the State Championship game, which were Weir and Fairmont Senior..Big Creek possible being the best team in the state was left out to dry