Turner-Ashby needs to switch divisions.

Fresh_Prince

[ QUOTE ]

Thats the only reason richlands won the region was becaused they dropped. If they had not dropped they would have been out along time a ago. Richlands be happey that you all made it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands won Region IV last year.

VHSL enrollment from their website for Region 4

Bassett 1280

Magna Vista 1190

Carroll County 1169

Abingdon 1001

Tunstall 836

Martinsville 834

Lee 829

Richlands 801

Marion Senior 768

Patrick County 742

Virginia 665

Dan River 653

Tazewell 556

Grundy Sr. 516

Graham 502

The first year the vhsl went to six divisions, the schools were divided on a state wide level. That year, an 0-10 team made the playoffs, because there were only four teams in their region that were classified in their division. So, the vhsl started dividing the schools by region. Because of the current format, it will be harder and harder for schools in region IV and region D to win a state title, because the larger schools in this area are smaller than the larger schools in the other regions. This is due mostly to schools in the other parts of the state are getting bigger, and schools in this area are getting smaller.

[ QUOTE ]

The first year the vhsl went to six divisions, the schools were divided on a state wide level. That year, an 0-10 team made the playoffs, because there were only four teams in their region that were classified in their division. So, the vhsl started dividing the schools by region. Because of the current format, it will be harder and harder for schools in region IV and region D to win a state title, because the larger schools in this area are smaller than the larger schools in the other regions. This is due mostly to schools in the other parts of the state are getting bigger, and schools in this area are getting smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY!!! Someone else understands the problem!!!

In all honesty the only fix to the situation if for all schools to play in the Classification in which they fall. Then you would not have such a disparity between the divisions. But even then, for the smaller schools playing in the correct Classification, that disparity will always be there.

There's another way to fix it without throwing out the whole six-division setup..

Split the divisions at the statewide level but group the schools into relatively equal-sized geographic"regions" for playoff purposes only. I've mapped this out in the past and it does work.

[ QUOTE ]

There's another way to fix it without throwing out the whole six-division setup..

Split the divisions at the statewide level but group the schools into relatively equal-sized geographic"regions" for playoff purposes only. I've mapped this out in the past and it does work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your idea is too logically for it to hold water with the VHSL...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

richlands needs to stop making excuses why they lost the game you all dropped and need to be in division 4. so stop making excuses PLEASE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's making excuses?..certainly not the players, get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

we arent making excuses, from what i saw we played as good as we could have, but i mean TA did have a ddvantage on us because they played on turf all week..we didnt..they knew most of our plays, before the crowd did, before the football players for that fact cuz they watched our tapes over and over and over again, and where they played on the turf all week, no that we didnt, we did, but they knew how to handle it better...no one is making any kind of excuses, it just the facts...so deal with it..i agree with reno wink.gif

I personally believe div.3 or div.4 really doesnt make that big a difference i mean you have your power teams in both divisions to be honest there are alot of div.3 schools that can beat div.4 schools just like earlier post on here that i read you still cant put but 11 men on the field but i also understand about depth and having alot too choose from but anyone can make an argument both ways.anyway richlands had a fantastic season and have no reason to hold there head low.