09/15/06 H Greenbrier East

09/22/06 H Cabell Midland

09/29/06 A St. Albans

10/06/06 - OPEN

10/13/06 A Spring Valley

10/20/06 H Huntington

10/27/06 H Nitro

11/03/06 H George Washington

Beckley should have one of the best if not the best offensive line in the state next season. 6'6", 320 1st team all stater Micah Carter returns as a tackle. He has a very good shot at winning the Hunt Award. Also returning on the offensive line are center Jacob Morris and Richard Stowers. Two starters also return on the defensive line in Stowers, and Devron Patterson. In addition to those guys, there are at least three other guys that played a lot on the line returning.

Beckley should also be deep and talented in the backfield once again. Two juniors return in speedster Marquel Ali along with talented Blaine Mayo. Mayo was off to a good start last season before an illness caused him to lose close to 20 pounds and miss several games. I look for Mayo to take off next season and have a big year. Also watch out for two other juniors, Philip Cox and Josh Pryor. Sophomore Lanny Meadows could also get some time in the backfield.

The biggest concern has to be defense. Beckley only returns three staters on defense, two of them on the line. Also, the QB must be replaced but we have a good sophomore QB coming up in Ryan Stafford. We also lost all of our receivers. I'm think the main concern will be filling spots on defense as the Beckley team doesn't pass very much.

The Beckley players and coaches work very hard in the offseason. I definitely wouldn't count them out on having a pretty good football team.