WINTER STORM WATCH THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...

GMan

Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service:

/O.CON.KRNK.WS.A.0002.060211T0200Z-060212T0900Z/ ASHE-ALLEGHANY-SURRY-WATAUGA-WILKES-TAZEWELL-SMYTH-BLAND-GILES- WYTHE-PULASKI-MONTGOMERY-GRAYSON-CARROLL-FLOYD-CRAIG-BATH-ROANOKE- BOTETOURT-ROCKBRIDGE-PATRICK-FRANKLIN-BEDFORD-AMHERST-CAMPBELL- APPOMATTOX-BUCKINGHAM-MERCER-SUMMERS-MONROE-GREENBRIER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WEST JEFFERSON...SPARTA...DOBSON... BOONE...WILKESBORO...TAZEWELL...MARION...BLAND...PEARISBURG... WYTHEVILLE...PULASKI...RADFORD...BLACKSBURG...INDEPENDENCE... GALAX...FLOYD...NEW CASTLE...CLIFTON FORGE...HOT SPRINGS... SALEM...FINCASTLE...LEXINGTON...STUART...ROCKY MOUNT...BEDFORD... AMHERST...LYNCHBURG...APPOMATTOX...BLUEFIELD...HINTON...UNION... LEWISBURG 1027 AM EST FRI FEB 10 2006

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST TONIGHT. SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY SATURDAY AND TAPER OFF SATURDAY NIGHT. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS TO 4 TO 6 IN THE FOOTHILLS. FURTHER EAST WHERE RAIN WILL MIX WITH THE SNOW...LIGHTER AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.

I can remember the "good ole days", when it snowed 5-8 inches every time it snowed!

This is just one of many varations of "If you you don't watch our 24 hour storm coverage, you and your family will DIE!" Gimmie a damn break. Yes, its going to snow, yes, there will be wind and power outages and all of that, but good grief. The talking heads have already gone orgasmic over this one and the first flake hasn't even fallen yet. I'm still trying to recover from hurricane season.

G-Man I would expect a more manly reaction than an "all caps", public service bulletin from you.

My advise: Have a drink and calm down.

[ QUOTE ]

G-Man I would expect a more manly reaction than an "all caps", public service bulletin from you.

My advise: Have a drink and calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ankle has already been telling me what the NWS is just now saying...this one is a can't miss...

[ QUOTE ]

Six inches of snow, wow, I'm speechless.

(sarcasm off)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the post where I cancelled the HEAVY SNOW WARNING for the greater Bluefield Metro area further down the board...just scroll down a bit. We really did dodge a bullet with this one, if the storm had gotten its act together a little quicker we could have easily had 15"+...stupid low pressure lolligagged around too much before getting organized...from NOVA through the NE really paid for its slow development...