4 DAYS TO SOCCER SEASON

carrollfan

i have been enjoying soccer the past couple of months

we have been playing whenever possible

the first couple weeks of practice will probably suck, ah heck all of our practices will suck, no full field scrimmages!

I just saw where Tazewell opens up with Virginia High, Abingdon, Marion, and Virginia High again. This should give everyone a pretty good read on how well the two districts compare with each other since this is suppose to be Tazewells best team ever. I know Marion will be a very strong team this year, Abingdon is loaded again, and Virginia High returns pretty much everyone and they added two exchange students that are suppose to be pretty good. I cant wait to see how this turns out. Good luck to everyone and i hope both districts are strong this year so we can bring the region championship and runner-up back to southwest Virginia.

well...dont necessarily think that...Tazewell always says they have the best team at the beginning of the year...they always talk about how they are gonna kill everyone...but truth is....Graham is a soccer dynasty and we will come away with the district....we have one of the best teams in Graham history....

Soccer dynasty HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now I am not saying that Graham is not a good team but if you want to talk about a dynasty then you need to talk about Blacksburg. Until Graham or anyone from the SWD can win the Region or even win a state playoff game then I would not be talking about a dynasty.

usually Graham gets whipped by single A Radford every time they play them. Last year, a Floyd team loaded with Freshmen and sophomores gave them a hard time. Floyd was practically a J.V. team. And Floyd usually finishes 3rd or 4th in their single A district... Dynasty? I think not.

dynasty as far as the SWDis concerned.. absolutely.. winning 13 out of 15 district titles is a dynasty.. enough said.. if you are really gonna say that 13 out of 15 championships in the district would not be considered a dynasty.. just wait til graham makes it 14 out of 16 this season and beats some sense into you

We are not saying that your school has not controlled the SWD. But when you talk about using that word dynasty, then you usually are talking about being the best at what you do. Take the cowboys of the 90's, they were a dynasty because they won the superbowl like three times not because they won the NFC east. When you start talking about a dynasty in soccer then you would have to be talking about blacksburg.

I totally agree with Carrollfan on this one. Graham has, sort of, had their way within the SWD, but struggle when they get outside of it. Once Graham can move to the next level, they can be considered a dynasty. Another trend that I am seeing, is the increased play and ability of other schools, for instance Tazewell. It wasn't too long ago that they were getting beat 12-0 by teams, while now, they are putting up better fights. It should be an interesting season. Good luck fellas.

[ QUOTE ]

usually Graham gets whipped by single A Radford every time they play them. Last year, a Floyd team loaded with Freshmen and sophomores gave them a hard time. Floyd was practically a J.V. team. And Floyd usually finishes 3rd or 4th in their single A district... Dynasty? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

your whole statement is wrong, we had no trouble with floyd and radford never whips us.

i consider the atl braves a dynasty, and they only have one world series

graham is definitely a dynasty, if you dont want to call us a dynasty, call us a powerhouse.

I would agree with the powerhouse statement. I would like for you to know that in the ten years that we have had a team we have won the district tournament three times and the regular season two times. We have not been in the SWD for all ten years either.

id say not too good as of right now, but i deffinatley see it in the near future..we got a youth soccer program started up about 2 or 3 years ago.. i think its something called "AYSO" i mean if we had a team id give it a try i always liked watching it on tv.