SWD girls finals

VHSLhelper

Samantha Rice scored 15 of her game-high 18 points in the first half as the Lady Wave downed Tazewell 58-50. Grundy will have a first-round bye in the Region IV tournament, then host a semi-final game next Thursday night.

Carroll Co. won the SWD JV tourney title by defeating Grundy 33-29 in overtime.

Grundy 58 : Cook 13, Rice 18, Lindsey 10, Fletcher 6, K. Riley 4, Bowman 7, Hibbitts, Davis, A. Riley.

Tazewell 50 : Hunter 7, Davis 11, Shephard 10, Muncy 11, Blackburn 4, Brooks 3, Matney 4.

I was told brackets are like this ...

High 2 - Pied 1; SWD 1

SWD 2 - Pied 2; High 1

which would give us :

Lee - MV, with the winner coming to Grundy on Thur. (since MV is a #1 seed, I'm assuming they'll host)

Taze - Mart (with some Taze. fans saying this would be Monday night in Tazewell), with the winner going to Va. High.

Only thing I'm SURE of is that Grundy won Thur. night

Just because Magna Vista beat Grundy and Tazewell beat VA High doesnt mean that Tazewell is more talented than Grundy? How do you figure that? Not the same opponent?

However they did play 3 times against Tazewell this season. Do you mind telling me what Grundy's record against the Tazewell Bulldogs was this season?

Do you mind telling me whose at state? Sure Grundy won in the season but that really dont matter that much now does it? What matters is who is still playing. Look on the past all you want because the fact is Tazewell=STATE, Grundy=Home.

No one was arguing who is still playing and who isnt. You were saying they were more TALENTED than Grundy so I told you to go back to the 3 times they played this season. The discussion was never who was still playing.

ok ya are all idiots..haha i play for tazewell and yes we are in state!! and yes we did lose 3 times to grundy..but noone is sayin that our season went well..but our post season is going great...we have played better the past 3 games then we ever have...and i def think we were up on magna vista by 2 at half and only lost by 15 i think grundy ended up getting beat by about 30 so that means something... i guarantee if you put grundy against us right now we'd blow them away..

They are more talented, the more talented team is still playing. Just because they lost 3 games to Grundy dont mean anything. Talent just isnt 3 games. Teams get going at different times and talent will prevail in the end, and it shows.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah but we got 14 State Championships or somethhing like that to back it up, what has tazewell accomplished??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all men like to roll around on mats with other men! Especially sweaty and stinky ones.!