Grundy V.S. Lee High

WaveFan09

[ QUOTE ]

Lee-46 Grundy-48 FINAL!!! Grundy Advances to Region IV Semi Finals

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, fellas!

One quarter at a time...Grundy has been known to knock off some pidemont teams...do it one more time!

Congrats on Grundy's win. At the game I saw an unusual call. One official called a charge and the other official called a block on the same play. How can this happen? I thought that each ref had assigned areas to watch.

[ QUOTE ]

I was at the game and I thought Hurst's call was the correct one. The player charged and Hurst called it. The other official came in late with a block.

[/ QUOTE ]

It a new call added to the books this year. It is called a Blarge...Block and Charge. Both players are assest fouls and you go the possesion arrow.

Actually it was explained this way to me. When one ref calls charge and one calls blocking, both players are assessed a foul and they go back to who had the ball at the time of the call to determine possession.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually it was explained this way to me. When one ref calls charge and one calls blocking, both players are assessed a foul and they go back to who had the ball at the time of the call to determine possession.

[/ QUOTE ]

They go back to who had the ball?

They don't use the possession arrow in that situation? I know they do in college...

By rule, the possesion arrow should be used. How fair would it be to the kid who just took the charge if he picks up a foul and the offense gets the ball back just b/c they had it to begin with. Alternating possesions--GO TO THE ARROW!!

All officials have both a primary and secondary area in which they are too call. It is possible for one official to call a charge and the other to call a block. The rule was added last year. It's reffered to as a BLARGE. Both players are assest fouls and you go to the possesion arrow to determine whos ball it is. Check out officials.com--they have a discussion every few week on the BLARGE.