Grundy Dropping to Class A????

babyblue

I was at the Region D tourn. this weekend and several buchanan county ppl were talking about the possibility of grundy dropping down into Class A... if so will they come into the BDD or will there be another district?? There will be realignment starting next year, so i guess almost anything will or could happen.. Whats some thoughts?

The Region D principals already approved a new district in Region D comprising Lee, Virginia High, Gate City, John Battle, and Lebanon. But if Grundy dropped down to Group A, I'm sure they would just join the BDD, geographically, thats the best fit. I wouldn't take much stock in the rumor though, that rumor's been going on for a couple years now...

Could actually happen this time. With a new H.S. on the horizon, a new District might go along with it. As to which district - who knows. 3-4 years ago, talk was of a "super district" with us, GC, PV, maybe even Honaker & Lebanon.

There's still a year (or 3) to talk.

[ QUOTE ]

i bet it would be the LPD

[/ QUOTE ]

LPD is more reasonable as far as competition in all sports...and the locations aren't any worse than the SWD now.

I need to look over the realignment again.