Early scrimmage results

Highlandsfan

Who all have had scrimmages so far and how is everyone looking? I know Abingdon has played two so far, they beat Davey Crokett 7-0 and lost to Tennessee High 2-1. They looked very strong in both games. Marion played Tennessee High as well and was beaten pretty bad, they lost something like 6 or 7 nothing. Tennessee High used their bench for the remaining two 30 minute halves after going up 3-0 in the first 30 mins. Virginia High plays Davey Crockett March 8.

Virginia High won the game against Davey Crockett 3-0. They lead 1-0 at the half. The Mid-field looked pretty solid and is the best part of the team. The forwards were descent nothing to special. The defense is still shakey, they stab to much and make to many mistakes. Over all they looked descent but Crockett also had a few shots go off of the crossbar or the game would have been a lot closer than the score. All in all they look better than last year but they still cant be considered a really strong team. The two center mids are the key to the team. One of them is a German ex-change student im not sure but i think it may have been wisman at the other mid. Slow down their mids and the rest of the team is average. They do play hard and are very physical, they also have good speed. They have a kid i think hammond that can throw the ball about 35 to 40 yards so you better not get caught off guard around the goal. Good team but very beatable.

I don't know what game you where watching, but Va. High won 5-0 and I don't recall us allowing any shots on goal. Goals where scored by Wisman (2), Esposito, Fontana, and Patterson. Hammond, last years team MVP, plays sweeper and does not do throw-ins.

My mistake if my info was wrong. I got the info from someone who was at the game. No disrespect intended at all i would love to see Virginia High have a better season this year and compete for the Highlands District i know it has been awhile for them. I am sure the team will not go 0-5 in the district again this year. Good luck and have a safe season.

Giles played us hard and kept stayin with us until the end....they are a better improved team from last year according to the players that played them last year....they have good talent and can probably do very well...

Three facts : Giles is not a good soccer team no matter what measuring stick you use if you are comparing them to a state bound double A school. George Wyth lost most of their team from a year ago and are trying to rebuild. Christainsburg with no questions about it is not a good team and really has never been a good team. They are a joke in their district. Stuggling at this point in the season with games begining this week is not a good sign. BUT that being said good luck on your state playoff run.

they really did play us pretty well. i think it was their third game and our first, so we were a little rusty. like cmid08 said, a ton of people were adjusting to new positions, the best 11 were never on the field at the same time. we were trying to buy into the new coach's philosophy and he abandoned his own philosophy. everything should come together before wednesday night. we really didnt play very well at all but eeked out a W.

I agree, CBurg is weak in the BRD...but they are just as good or better than Graham. I've seen both teams play and I know this for a fact. Graham has a cake schedule compared to CBurg who plays Blacksburg, Salem, William Byrd...etc... I'd like to see Graham play C'Burg and then say how weak they are. Anyway, I think the jury is still out on Graham. It's definitely out on Giles, after the shalacking they took at George Wythe....