Rumors??

mavsgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times I've posted about that game and it's pointless. Bluefield won and that's it. I will never change my mind that Weir should have won that game and was the better team but I give Bluefield all the credit in the world for not giving up. Also, Coach Simon told one of the Weir assistants that he had told Bluefield's defense to go out and just expect to see Weir run out the remaining time. From what I heard, he said for them to not get any stupid penalties and lose with class. So for any Bluefield fan to say they knew they were going to win the game the whole time when they coach had given up is ridiculous. But it's 2006 and Weir is the defending AA state champions, not Bluefield.

If you expect anyone to beleive Weir assistant coaches your are crazy. i bet he also said simon told him to bet the crap out the kicker too.

I believe the Weir assistant coach because I've known him almost all of my life. Coach Simon and Bluefield's team knew that the game was over. That's why 75% of your fans had already left the stadium. If they would have called a run to Smitty or Cooper, you would have been looking at repeat state championships for Weir. I've said this before, if Meek would have been Weir's coach since my senior season in 2003, Weir would have won three straight state titles. The talent on the football field has always been there, but the coaching wasn't.

Woulda this, woulda that, I'm so SICK of your groveling over that game. Get over it. You will never change my mind either that we were the better team, but just played flat for 3 1/2 quarters and had a bad day where nothing went right. You know the saying anyone can beat anyone on any given day" (see george mason) Well, Weir had a great team, but not great enough. Champions find ways to win. So we both have a title over the past 2 years. We have a good rivalry going, but only weir fans can put their football tradition on the same level as Bluefields. Ask someone around the state for the top five storied football programs in the state over the past 50 years and I bet Weir isn't mentioned. So you won some small class titles, and had 3 or 4 good players come through, good for you. Weir has a good program and a history of success, but you are not up there with Bluefield, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Stonewall Jackson, Barboursville. Oh yeah, unless you ask a Weir fan, then they would say they could beat the Oakland Raiders. Do u know how many Kennedy award canidates Bluefield would have had over the past 40 years if Parkersburg (SSAC) didn't hate us so much, and sportswriters in Charleston didn't hate us so much? Three are politics in Football you know. Hate to say it, but true. And Weirfootball, u can tout Sports illustrated listing Parkersburg as the school of the state, but that article covered overalll sports success, not football, and of course an area as large as Parkersburg with such a huge school is going to be so successful. But they hate us in Parkersburg, (which just so happens that thats where the SSAC is based), not to mention the director of SSAC Mike Hayden was on one of those runner-up teams that Bluefield demolished for another championship, think theres some hard feelings?) You have you opinion that your team that we beat was the greatest and we have our opinion, so go find some weir fans and you all can do your what ifs together. Nobody wants to hear your arrogant remarks down here.