Is This True

ThirtyOne

i heard that graham and grundy were moving down to A and honaker was going to be put in division 1 after this season.. i might got this confused but would someone please tell me anything at all if they know about this whole thing

Under the new realignment plan, both are staying AA.

I'd have to think that's because both petitioned last year to "play up", meaning they'll be AA at least until Summer, 2009. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Honaker is Div. 2 in the new alignment - however, they are 1 of 4 schools that can petition to go to Div. 1 because they're less than half the size of Lee. The deadline to petition isn't until next Spring, so nothing can be said for sure until then.

Here's the deal :

The 2 current Div. 2 teams that were approved to drop to Div. 1 (TW & Pound) will BECOME Div. 1 next year, giving then 11 (again).

Div. 2 gains Lee, Va. High, Battle & Lebanon, giving them 11 also. But Lee's entry puts Coeburn, Clintwood, Haysi & Honaker in the "can petition down" catagory.

So Div. 2 will have between 7 & 11, Div. 1 between 11 & 15.

Dropping gets you out of having to play PV, Gate, Lee or Va. High in the playoffs, so I would go that route.

I dont know if its true or not But I hope so we have been playing D2 when we are really a D1 school for the past 10 or so years the same is true for clintwood and honaker if im not mistaken honaker in the past honaker has tried to get moved into the reg C so they could play as a D1