Zidane

legend11

i think that you cant judge his whole career on this one bad move...yes it was a really bad move....but i still think he is one of the greatest to ever play...and it all depends on what the guy said to him ya know? i mean yeah its just words but some things get to people really easily and Materazzi could have hit a nerve...but i still think he is one of the greats that has played this game..

it does not matter what he said to him. it was like the carroll/ tazewell game this year. i heard he said this and he said that. it does not matter who said what you are responsible for your actions. this was just a perfessional instead of a high school kid. you need to be bigger then this if you play sports.

eh who needs two world cups anyway? not zidane

i guess thats what he was thinking anyway.

that headbutt had me rolling, i wish i would have thought to go out that way.

You must be a total idiot. I lost all respect for Zidane when he did that. To me, his credibility as a captain and leader of that team flew out the window. He should've had his ass kicked for what he did. If I was the other guy on the end of that head-but, I think my response would've been a little more agressive. Good thing he kept his cool, probably made the difference in winning the world cup and sitting at home wishing you had done it differently. One word. STUPID. Anybody who aspires to be that way is stupid too.

but see everyone makes at least one mistake...i know everyone around here has done something stupid because of rage....i mean come on...this guy had a GREAT career...you cant look at one bad thing and say oh his career was a fluke...you just cant...he is still one of the greatest players this game has seen...

[ QUOTE ]

but see everyone makes at least one mistake...i know everyone around here has done something stupid because of rage....i mean come on...this guy had a GREAT career...you cant look at one bad thing and say oh his career was a fluke...you just cant...he is still one of the greatest players this game has seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

and man can he deliver a blow with his head.

i aspire to be just as good of a headbutter as zidane.

The thing was, that was the wrong call. They said that 1 of the 3 refs have to see it. Nobody said they saw it until they showed it on the screen above the stadium, then they pulled out the red

Wrong call completly...

Still the coolest freeking hit i've ever saw in my life. I was talking to ian tinsley about it the other day and he said if he had to go out, thats how he would...haha

[ QUOTE ]

The thing was, that was the wrong call. They said that 1 of the 3 refs have to see it. Nobody said they saw it until they showed it on the screen above the stadium, then they pulled out the red

Wrong call completly...

Still the coolest freeking hit i've ever saw in my life. I was talking to ian tinsley about it the other day and he said if he had to go out, thats how he would...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 1 out of 3 refs have to see something happen. They didn't look at the jumbotron and then decide to give Zidane the red card. It happened right in front of the refs assistant, he couldn't have missed it. The main ref did the right thing by going over and asking what happened. After hearing what Zidane had done, he promptly threw him out of the game. That was the best officiating of the entire tournament...

• 1 month later...