James Monroe 42 Shady Spring 7

MavsRock

This is about as fast as I've ever seen a team did themselves into a hole. JM tokk 5 play to run to ball in. On Shady's first play, they threw in interception, Jackson they score a second td. On Shady's second play, the rb just dropped the ball, Robertson then hit Tincher on the next play for for a 23yd td pass. After stopping Shady's next drive, the Mavs ran the ball mostly with fb Zach Mann, who moved the pile for a short scoring run.

On the last play of the first quarter, Jackson outran the Shady D up the middle on a 70yd scoring run. The 2nd team and freshmen played almost exclusively from the start of the second quarter on offense, and from the middle of the 3rd on D. The only time the starterd got on Offense in the second half was on the first possesion when it took 3 plays for Robertson to hit Tincher for another score, this time from 82 yds out.

The Mavs looked good except for a few penalties, and could've probably scored 80+ if they'd wanted to. As I was leaving, I saw Robertson on the sideline, and complemented him on the good game, he thanked me, and then I warned him not to get caught flat-footed next week.

2 down, 12 to go, next week Oak Hill.