Wayne and Weir?

mavsgrad

I'm not sure what Wayne's record is, but I know they beat Mount View 21-16 in week 1 after leading 21-0 in the second half, and they beat Herbert Hoover like 35-6 last week.

Weir I believe is 2-1, their loss coming to an Ohio team. My early impression is that they're both playoff caliber teams, but neither seem to have the overall talent they had last year, especially Weir, but it's still pretty early on.

Wayne is a bit undersized compared to teams they've had in previous years,but with that said they're pretty good. MV and Wayne were tied 0-0 @ halftime,and Wayne scored 3 td's in the 3rd qtr to go up 21-0,but MV never quit and could've won the game as well considering right before the half they had the ball inside Wayne's 15 yard line and failed to use good clock management,or they would've scored a td that would've made the score even at 21 with a shot at winning with the pat. At the end of the game MV was inside of Wayne's 15 yard line again and ran out of time.

thanks guys, yeah for sure MV has a good team and obviously wayne and weir do as well. i was just wondering if it was like last year when they were clearly the class of the AA field. to me it looks like JM, MV, Bluefield, Wayne, and Weir are all pretty evenly matched but we'll see what the next few weeks bring.

I really doubt weir is a real contender for the title this season. They might make the playoffs but that will likely be the season for them. Keyser might be a team that could really be as strong a contender as any and yet noone is really considering them.