It's official POCOHANTAS really does STINK

techivyleague

[ QUOTE ]

Twin Valley is the worst they have been since there semi finals run their first year after conslodation...Pocy must rly suck if they let that team beat em...

[/ QUOTE ]and you're a waterboy.

It was 18-0, but scrim. scores don't mean anything.

Yeah, TV must be bad - they led Castlewood last week at the start of the 4th quarter, but lack of depth got 'em.

I knew Pocy was in trouble when I heard the '86 team was going to be honored and it was HC. I think that got the Panthers fired up a bit.

And a q for Pocy - did y'all have to sit on the 4-lane during the parade? Or did you become a part of it going across the bridge?

[ QUOTE ]

The football team made it through before the parade. But the cheerleader bus which had all the equipment was forced to get behind the parade and ride across the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I left the tennis courts about 15 after and met both buses before I got to Red Ash, so I didn't know how it worked out for y'all.

But it coulda been worse. I met the Tom Walker bus in Grundy at 4:00 - think they left school right after homeroom! ;-0

dearest ivy:

can i just reiterate my last post in saying that if you're going to get onto other posters about spelling and grammar, can you at least correctly spell the name of the school you're bashing? i don't think that should be too much to ask. kthanks.

also, you're talking about "pitiful" twin valley and grundy? yeah, grundy should beat up on tv, seeing as they're a AA school... moreover, you brought up jib and pocy in reference to small enrollments. jib has 200+, pocy has 121. significant difference in number? i think so. it goes something like this:

simple math.

pocy has 121 students grades 9-12. roughly half are girls, so that leaves 60ish boys. of those 60, how many play football? around thirty. so, literally half of the eligible boys at phs play football.

slim pickins? indeed. fewer pure athletes? absolutely. but, they're 3-1. give them a break, dude. nobody said they were going to win state; people were just congratulating them on turning the ship around. and, that is a significant improvement that truly deserves a pat on the back.