VHS and Marion

VaKnight

I'm doubting they think they are "big and bad"

If you call finishing 4-6 or 5-5 year in and year out and then getting thumped in the 1st round of the playoffs big and bad then rock on!

To Va. High winning the Highlands must be like winning a gold medal or somthing.

"If you call finishing 4-6 or 5-5 year in and year out and then getting thumped in the 1st round of the playoffs big and bad then rock on!"

Va High won a road playoff game against the #1 seed season before last. Lost bad last year to a team that went to the state championship. That's not year in and year out. There ya go. i proved it. you are wrong. Thanks for your input which had nothing at all to do with the game.

As for this game, I haven't heard anything about this one but i am also surprised by how close this one was. The defense is givin' up a lot of points, especially considering Graham shut Marion out the week before. Two close wins in the district have both been by a field goal, having a good senior kicker in Caleb Hunt is paying off for the Bearcats. Marion has beaten VHS in jv games the last couple of years, so i guess it really shouldn't be that big of a surprise. Anyway, a win is a win. Congrats to the Bearcats. Go get those Blue Devils!

Virginia High was/is playing without three of there starters against Marion. They were playing without starting Defensive Ends Spencer Wingate and Derek McClanahan and starting Free Safety Daniel Woods. Those three are a very big part of Virginia High's defense. Thats like taking away Justin McCracken and Caleb Jennings from Richlands. Do you think they would have the same firepower on offense? Those three are some of the best around at there positions. Woods takes away the middle of the field and Wingate and McClanahan are constantly pressuring or sacking the quarterback.

I think Woods had 4 interceptions in 2 games....

Wingate had 8 sacks in 3 games...

McClanahan had 9 sacks in two games.....

[ QUOTE ]

I'm doubting they think they are "big and bad"

If you call finishing 4-6 or 5-5 year in and year out and then getting thumped in the 1st round of the playoffs big and bad then rock on!

To Va. High winning the Highlands must be like winning a gold medal or somthing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Virginia High also plays one of the toughest schedules in and around SWVA. So what ... they win 3 district games and make the playoffs at 4-6 or 5-5.

If most teams played the schedule they played ... they too would be 5-5 or 6-4.

Check out their schedule this year, currently 4-1 with 5 games remaining:

Aug. 18 Patrick Henry (Benefit Game) Away (W) 35-13

Aug. 24 Tennessee High Home (L) 34-6

Sept. 1 John Battle Home (W) 41-12

Sept. 8 Abingdon Away (W) 30-27

Sept. 15 Open

Sept. 22 Marion (Homecoming)Home (W) 31-28

Sept. 29 Gate City Home (W) 17-14

Oct. 6 Tazewell Away

Oct. 13 Honaker Away

Oct. 20 Richlands (Little League Night) Home

Oct. 28 Graham Away

Nov. 4 Lee (Senior Night) Home

Virginia High does play a very hard schedule....The rest of there season is very tough.....I'm excited to see if VHS can continue to survive without Woods, McClanahan, and Wingate....Good win against GC for VHS though.....