Top 4 WV AA teams

MavsRock

At this point in the season, this would be my semifinal teams if I had to choose them, and they're in no particular order:

James Monroe-Tricky offense, descent passing game, and very big physical defense. Not the most talented group in the state, but probably the most disciplined, and will be battle-hardened coming down the stretch with a pretty tough schedule to end the season

Bluefield-Seems to have gotten over the week 1 embarrassment to Graham, is playing strong defensively, and probably the but passing attack, in the state. Just like James Monroe, has a very playoff-style schedule to end the year.

Scott-so far, has been the most consistenly dominant team week in and week out. Very powerful running attack, very solid defense. Big game against Bluefield to end the season, good oportunity to validate the success they've had in the regular season the past couple of years.

This one may surprise some, but it shouldn't-Poca

I don't know what happened that allowed Nitro to beat them 40-12 early in the season, but it sure hasn't happened since, last night's 48-13 spanking of Herbert Hoover shows that they're back. Bob Lemly is one of the best coaches I know of in the state, and his team will only get better.

it is looking like bluefield and JM will be in the mix late in the playoffs as usual. they will both finish the season playing several tough teams. JM plays liberty raliegh, bluefield, mt. view, and greenbrier east. bluefield plays hoover, JM, Mt. view and scott. both should make the playoffs and could potentially have a high seat. and don't count out bluefield and JM's first meeting as the only one of the season. hopefully this year if they meet in a rematch it will be in wheeling. it would be nice to see to southern teams at wheeling.

I agree with all of your picks except one - Poca. One victory over an inconsistent Herbert Hoover team isn't enough to make me forget their past several seasons of mediocrity. It will take a little bit more before I am convinced they're a force in AA again.

Agree and disagree about poca, they haven't proven they're legit contenders at this point at all, but they have potential with their coaches and tradition to prove differently, at this point in my opinion they are playoff caliber but not really contenders. That said it would be good to see bluefield and james mornoe in a title game, but 1 thing I've considered is that in the 2 seasons they've played in the playoffs, the team defeated in the regular season game defeated the other in the playoffs. So regardless of the outcome of the regular season game they've rpoven to be 2 programs hard to defeat 2 times in a season against each other.

Bluefield always plays their best ball when it counts, there is no disputing that but they haven't been tested yet this year. Locking anyone into wheeling at this point in the season is a foolish statement that has no merit. On a side note, I remember Weirfootball saying last year that teams like Weir and Bluefield don't rebuild they just reload, it looks like Wier will be reloading at home during the post season this year lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield always plays their best ball when it counts, there is no disputing that but they haven't been tested yet this year. Locking anyone into wheeling at this point in the season is a foolish statement that has no merit. On a side note, I remember Weirfootball saying last year that teams like Weir and Bluefield don't rebuild they just reload, it looks like Wier will be reloading at home during the post season this year lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to look over West Virginia in AA and ask yourself, honestly, who is going to stop Bluefield from returning to the State Final. James Monroe always looks good until Beaver shows up and starts running toss sweep left and toss sweep right.

AA in West Vrginia the title discussion begins and ends with Bluefield, period. You will never realise how painful it is to type, but the numbers dont lie.

I am not going to argue because i have appreciated the respect that has been shown between both bluefield and JM fans this season more than it has any other year. I gave bluefield the respect due them in my comment and i believe that they will have something to say about who goes to wheeling but so will JM, Scott and others.

At this point of the season I don't believe you can honestly pick out 4 teams in AA that are clearly better than the others. I would agree that luefield should be a major factor in the playoffs,but after that I don't believe you can say any other 3 teams are clearly better then the rest. Scott and James Monroe are undefeated,but that doesn't mean they're better than teams such as Wayne,Mount View,Poca,or Magnolia,because honestly they haven't beaten anyone respectable yet in my opinion. I know both have beaten Wyoming East,but look at Who East has beaten noone. Wayne has proven to be credible. I'm not saying the Mavs and Skyhawks aren't good teams,because they'll have chances to prove just how good they are. The Mavs still have to play Bluefield and Mount View while Scott has to play Bluefield.

This season is different in aa though, they're really are a lot of teams who could earn the title game aside from bluefield, 2 reasons, in my honest opinion bluefield isn't quite on a different level than the other teams, they might be the best team and they'll have the opportunity to prove it, but they're not on a different level in that they can so easily count on the title game, they'll have to earn it this season as much as in '05.

The other reason, already mentioned, is the number of other teams that can contend with some surprise teams.

I'd agree you can't really pencil this team or that in the semis or title game, but I base my thoughts on the program's playoff experience and playoff consistency.

I can honestly say I am worried about the games against Mount View, Hoover, James Monroe, and Scott. Mostly the latter two for a few reasons. James Monroe always brings it 110% for Bluefield and the game is at Lindside, which is going to be tough. The Scott game because we've never played them before and you don't know what to expect, plus it's basically a home game for Scott since they're like 30 mins from Charleston.

I agree about mt. view at mt. view, but mt. view concerns me less in the playoffs, with all due respect to them. I'm not really concerned much with herbert hoover especially at bluefield, but bluefield will still have to show up. James monroe there will be a formidable task.

Scott who knows, but in my opinion they'll have a tall order becoming accustomed to bluefield's speed, bluefield will likely be the fastest team they've played ever and a big increase in caliber in '06. The key to that game for bluefield will likely be a fast start, not that they shouldn't be able to earn a victory in a close game, but the longer the game is competitive the more confident scott will become.

I'm less concerned about the game being in charleston though because of the field turf.

[ QUOTE ]

Call me crazy, but of those four Mount View worries me the most. The Knights almost always play out of their minds against Bluefield, especially at Welch.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key for Bluefield in this game is to have a fast start, get ahead of MV early, and take the crowd out of the game. Mount View has consistently been the type of team that quits when they have to go against the grain.

Bluefield should be able to to play Scott defensively like Mount View plays Iaeger,because they have no real threat of a passing game,and if they were to attempt a pass it would be a screen pass to the Roberts kid,so I would bring everybody up front,and play man to man with my db's on any receivers that line up,and blitz everyone else. If the linebackers close the gaps in the line you'll force them to try to go outside which you know Bluefield is to fast for them to get the corner on especially on turf.

Scott probably wouldn't have agreed to play a home an away series with Bluefield where they had to come to Bluefield,but in agreeing to play Bluefield on turf I believe their coach will find out he messed up,and would've had a better shot on a natural grass field of being able to contend with the speed of Bluefield.If the Roberts kid don't hve an unbelieveable day against Bluefield Scott will lose by 2 tds at the least.

James Monroe is always a tough one (for anybody). That crazy , sometimes wild looking single wing is a force. I pray that the beavers stay as relaxed as always and deal with it accordingly. You are so right ... there are quite a few teams left that Bluefield and the Mavs have to prove themselves against. Happy gaming mav fans see ya soon in Lindside.

I've tried to point that out over @ Scott Central aka TSP,and their fans refused to acknowledge the truth. I guess in their case it really does hurt lol. Every year during football Scott fans climb out of the woodworks,and make their way to TSP just to brag about how great Scott is only to disappear once the Skyhawks actually play a quality team,and get beat soundly.

I don't believe Scott would be able to be competitive with Mount View let alone Bluefield,but every time I bring up the point they've played noone their response is we beat a very good wyoming East team who we all know hasn't been close to being good in about 5-6 years,and still refuses to play Mount View or Bluefield lol.

[ QUOTE ]

James Monroe is always a tough one (for anybody). That crazy , sometimes wild looking single wing is a force. I pray that the beavers stay as relaxed as always and deal with it accordingly. You are so right ... there are quite a few teams left that Bluefield and the Mavs have to prove themselves against. Happy gaming mav fans see ya soon in Lindside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try running against a more complicated version every year. Ragsdale has honestly PERFECTED the single wing in Giles Co.

there is but one team in AA This year and no they don't need to be tested there d is just too quick wish he woulda had the pearsonal he has now for the first game, but no use of crying over spilled milk schwami says Bluefield wins it all