Paul McCoy

cityofRaven

Guest BB_TWEEDER

88 yards? on 18 carries? Tug Valley? WTF? Did he play with a broken leg or sumtin?

Man, I didn't exactly believe those kids I talked to at Tug Valley last year saying that all the good players quit because of the coach last year, but dad-gum! If they held Paul McCoy under 100, they have severely improved (even if McCoy is Matewan's ONLY form of offense, I do belive he is talented).

Last year, Tug Valley had a coaching controversy all season long. A guy got the job that nobody wanted to have it whilst the guy they wanted to get the job was regulated to an assistant. At the Hurley game over in Naugatuck, there was more security/county deputies guarding there coach than there were patrolling the stands/parking lot. Many of there best player quit the team dur to this coach, and eventually there was a near brawl post-game in the week prior to Hurley going up there between the two coaches.

I'm guessing they got rid of that guy, and whoever is in there now has got the other kids back or something. A nice turnaround story, but not your typical one.