honaker vs. va high

litltiger

man do you even play cause ive seen alot of your posts about virginia high and all you do is down them but have you even played against them i dont even remember seeing a number 2 out there... but i think it will be a good game. and i can't wait to play at honaker one last time its homecoming for me...

Should be a good one. All the AA teams around here except for Richlands look about even this year and Honaker played a pretty good game against Abingdon. VA High will also be wanting to avenge their homecoming loss after blowing the lead last season.

Based on what? I am legitimately curious as to why you guys are high on Honaker. Ok, they beat Abingdon, fine, I get that, but they squeaked by Battle, a team we throttled. I'm not putting them down by any means, but unless we turn the ball over ad nauseum (like we seem to be doing a lot of lately), I don't think we'll have much of a problem with them, especially with revenge on our minds.

[ QUOTE ]

Based on what? I am legitimately curious as to why you guys are high on Honaker. Ok, they beat Abingdon, fine, I get that, but they squeaked by Battle, a team we throttled. I'm not putting them down by any means, but unless we turn the ball over ad nauseum (like we seem to be doing a lot of lately), I don't think we'll have much of a problem with them, especially with revenge on our minds.

[/ QUOTE ] i dont kno if losing at half time is throttling, is it? can people not just give there opinions

It really depends on which VHS team shows up....VHS showed last Friday how much of a loss those 3 really were...Also Esposito is hurt again.....Like i said if Randy White steps up VHS will win this past friday....Did he step up..NO...He has still yet to show me anything.....I think this game will be close but VHS will win on their remaining athletic ability in the end.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i dont kno if losing at half time is throttling, is it? can people not just give there opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

The game ends at the end of the 4th quarter, not at halftime, and we scored 41 points in about 15 minutes in the second half of the JSB game and where I live, a 29 point win is throttling.

Opinions are fine, but you seem to target us and that is why I called you on it.

[ QUOTE ]

If Honaker is taken lightly, you'll get on the bus mumbling to yourself. Honaker is better than most think......beware.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% there, but that is our problem every game and its something the coaches need to start stressing. I didn't go last week, but from what I have heard we were asleep for most of the game and the kids were not ready to play. If that happens this week, then we absolutely will be riding back to Bristol with another "L".

how can a team not be ready to play when they are the Homecoming game for the team that knocked them out of the region championship two years ago and then shut them out last year? I seriously doubt they were not ready to play in that one. Just gotta give Tazewell some credit for playing a better ballgame that night. And work some this week on Holdin' on to the freakin' football. They were good, and we gave them more than enough help. can't do that this week, especially AT Honaker. Some of the boys from Bristol have never played over on the coal-dust laced fuller field. It's a little different from ole' Gene Malcolm. Good luck to the Bearcats this friday!

[ QUOTE ]

how can a team not be ready to play when they are the Homecoming game for the team that knocked them out of the region championship two years ago and then shut them out last year? I seriously doubt they were not ready to play in that one. Just gotta give Tazewell some credit for playing a better ballgame that night. And work some this week on Holdin' on to the freakin' football. They were good, and we gave them more than enough help. can't do that this week, especially AT Honaker. Some of the boys from Bristol have never played over on the coal-dust laced fuller field. It's a little different from ole' Gene Malcolm. Good luck to the Bearcats this friday!

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell me? As I said, all I got was a report that the guys looked flat and unprepared, maybe they were, maybe they weren't, but my "source" gave me the info, and thats what I had to base it on.

"Coal-dust laced Fuller Field"? Lebanon has played Honaker at Fuller Field for decades.......and have never heard of any getting black lung from playing there. Granted, Honaker and Russell County won't get any grants to build a field like ole' Gene Malcolm stadium but they don't have bad fields for a bunch of coal miners and dirt farmers. Wear surgical masks and you'll be just fine.

[ QUOTE ]

"Coal-dust laced Fuller Field"? Lebanon has played Honaker at Fuller Field for decades.......and have never heard of any getting black lung from playing there. Granted, Honaker and Russell County won't get any grants to build a field like ole' Gene Malcolm stadium but they don't have bad fields for a bunch of coal miners and dirt farmers. Wear surgical masks and you'll be just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THEN APPALACHIA'S FIELD!

[ QUOTE ]

If Honaker is taken lightly, you'll get on the bus mumbling to yourself. Honaker is better than most think......beware.

[/ QUOTE ]i thought of this post after the game .thats hittin the nail on the head .

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]those turnovers went both ways .i think honakers defense won it for them tonight gg vh