Who will win?

jones24

tazewell vs. floyd  

1. 1. tazewell vs. floyd

Northwood is a small Region C, Division 1, Hogoheegee District school and has some small players but are well coached. George Wythe is a large Region C Division 2 Hogoheegee District school and truth be known, probable should be AA. Just for that fact I'd like to see Northwood win. Plus, I don't think Northwood has ever beaten GW? NW runs the old Giles County Single wing. They run the ball well and are able to take time off of the clock thus shorting the game and keeping the ball out of the other team’s hands. They beat PH Glade (another large Hogo School) last week pretty easily, and they gave Marion (AA) all they wanted earlier this season until the 4th qt.

[ QUOTE ]

Northwood is a small Region C, Division 1, Hogoheegee District school and has some small players but are well coached. George Wythe is a large Region C Division 2 Hogoheegee District school and truth be known, probable should be AA. Just for that fact I'd like to see Northwood win. Plus, I don't think Northwood has ever beaten GW? NW runs the old Giles County Single wing. They run the ball well and are able to take time off of the clock thus shorting the game and keeping the ball out of the other team’s hands. They beat PH Glade (another large Hogo School) last week pretty easily, and they gave Marion (AA) all they wanted earlier this season until the 4th qt.

[/ QUOTE ]

GW is NOWHERE near AA numbers...as a matter of fact, only one school has a lower enrollment in Region C, Division 2 (Chilhowie).

http://www.vhsl.org/0506footballdivisions.doc

Yeah...the closest to AA there is in Division 2 is Grayson. They have around 680 students. GW only has like 450. George Wythe isn't even the largest school in Wythe County. Fort Chiswell has more than they do.

Northwood may be able to win a match-up against GW for once, because they have been way down this year. The Panthers run a very confusing single wing, and George Wythe's young squad may not be able to keep up. Even the veterans of last year's Maroons team had trouble with the single wing (NW and Giles). The 'roons have their star RB Larry McCoy back from an injury who recently broke the single game rushing record for Wytheville. This game is a toss-up in my opinion. GW-28 NW-20