And all of a sudden.....

MavsRock

That game between James Monroe and Mount View becomes much more important. Obviously someone in Welch took offense to my comments about how they played against Graham, because there D pretty much shut down one of the best offenses in the state.

It was stated by someone just after the semi-final game between JM & Bluefield that if you could combine the talent of Mount View and the discipline of James Monroe, you'd have an unstoppable team. This game will be very interesting because James Monroe certainly has some good talent, and Mount View showed a lot of heart and discipline in the win of Bluefield.

If you're a true football fan in this area, and don't have a hs team you're rooting for, make plans to be in Lindside the next 2 Friday evenings.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First home games for James Monroe since mid-September and they are biggies. Mt. View and Bluefield are both known for their speed and athleticism and a win against either would be great. But I'm not even going to attempt to make a prediction on the outcome of either of these games because I just don't know. I'm anxious and nervous about both of them. First business at hand is Mt. View.....

Teams like MV and Bluefield and the speed they have, you have to run right at them. JM has the horses to get it done.JM might bust 1 or 2 passes on them, but These teams can line everybody in the box and still have the speed to cover the pass. MV will hav a hard time with the single wing. They arent used to it, and the secondary will be making most of the tackles. Giles faces quick teams too, and we had William Campbell beat but self destructed right before halftime. A good team will take advantage of that and get the momentum. Good luck with both teams. I might be at the Bluefield game.

fella's, i don't want this to sound cocky. But it all depends on which Mount View team shows up to play. If they don't want it.. J.M. will win by atleast 2TD's. If they come to play like they have something to prove, J.M. will be road kill. - me saying this, i pose this simple question. Does James Monroe Pass for 200 yards/game? Cause ask somebody who went to welch this past friday if M.V's passing attack can get it done. This tends to lead that J.M is more 1 dimensional. That kinda narrows the play calls + options down. I see M.V putting like 9 men in the box, and those "horses", well in my opinion Blfd has one of the biggest horses that carries the pigskin (FB). no way to tell till friday.

[ QUOTE ]

fella's, i don't want this to sound cocky. But it all depends on which Mount View team shows up to play. If they don't want it.. J.M. will win by atleast 2TD's. If they come to play like they have something to prove, J.M. will be road kill. - me saying this, i pose this simple question. Does James Monroe Pass for 200 yards/game? Cause ask somebody who went to welch this past friday if M.V's passing attack can get it done. This tends to lead that J.M is more 1 dimensional. That kinda narrows the play calls + options down. I see M.V putting like 9 men in the box, and those "horses", well in my opinion Blfd has one of the biggest horses that carries the pigskin (FB). no way to tell till friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone's just going to come into Lindside and slaughter James Monroe, even if that team does play well. A lot is made about Mount View's ability to play like a college team 1 week, and a bad middle school team the next. They'll be playing with a lot of considence after the Bluefield win, and I'd be very surprised to see them get beat 51-6 by JM like they did in 2002.

James Monroe has to eliminate mistakes on offense, and prevent the big plays on defense and special teams. JM doesn't have the receiver's Bluefield had, and doesn't have a 260 pound fb, but they do have a freight train of an offensive line that at times, you can get a kid out of the stands to run the ball, and gain 4 or 5 yds a carry. The Mavericks have to play power ball, and keep it out of the hands of Mount View's speedy offense. Young Taylor Robertson HAS to play smart if we do have to pass, and only throw the ball where his receivers have a chance at the ball, or he'll watch a yellow lightning streak going the other way for 6.

I'm not sure how Mount View will match up against the single wing, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone's just going to come into Lindside and slaughter James Monroe, even if that team does play well. A lot is made about Mount View's ability to play like a college team 1 week, and a bad middle school team the next. They'll be playing with a lot of considence after the Bluefield win, and I'd be very surprised to see them get beat 51-6 by JM like they did in 2002.

James Monroe has to eliminate mistakes on offense, and prevent the big plays on defense and special teams. JM doesn't have the receiver's Bluefield had, and doesn't have a 260 pound fb, but they do have a freight train of an offensive line that at times, you can get a kid out of the stands to run the ball, and gain 4 or 5 yds a carry. The Mavericks have to play power ball, and keep it out of the hands of Mount View's speedy offense. Young Taylor Robertson HAS to play smart if we do have to pass, and only throw the ball where his receivers have a chance at the ball, or he'll watch a yellow lightning streak going the other way for 6.

I'm not sure how Mount View will match up against the single wing, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i see is J.M running the score up on Single A teams, or AA teams that aren't playing well this year. The only team i've known of them beating that is playing half way decent was Wyoming East and that wasn't exactly a walk away. since when is it that nobody can go into Lindside and slaughter J.M.? how about when Bluefield shut them out 34-0 back in 2004 at home. But anyways on to the point. Mavs are a good team, and im not meaning disrespect by saying i think they'll get beat. But if by chance Mount View shuts down the running game, go grab a kid out of the stands and see if he'll do any better. As for me, i'll stay in the stands and still hold my opinion that Blfd. and M.V both will beat J.M this year.

not to be too arrogant but i'm seeing Mt. View coming to lindside still high from beating bluefield and not playing there best game. bluefield on the other hand will be cocked and loaded for hoover after their loss. two tough weeks for the mavs but two games that we can win and that would mean a fifth undefeated regular season since 99 but it won't come easy.

not sounding arrogant myself, but i think you're the one that high dude. J.M hasn't had 5 undefeated regular seasons since 99?? where did you get that from? anyhow, i don't think they'll come in stoked over that last win. they're happy about it, don't get me wrong. But this is a new week, and new game. However they may be stoked after this next one. lol..j/k . see you guys at the game.

no doubt!!! which not throwing off on them.. 1 undefeated season is alot to brag about. But since it seems that (I) have my facts wrong. of those five (3 in reality so far) undefeated seasons, did they take home the state championship those years? cuz im just now finding out stuff i had no idea about. LOL. somebody help me here.

my bad on the 04 season, it was 98-99, 99-00, 02-03, and 05-06. i'm not going to get into the mud slinging. you guys keep talking and we will see where everyone is when the smoke clears in two weeks.

uuh no. I think Bluefield knoked them out there like every year. It easy to play a pansy schedule each year, just getting to the playoffs is one thing, producing championships and respect (like 8 of them) is hard to do.

--------------------------

Thanks for the info, I didn't know...

thank you for confirming that for me Mr. Teeth.. haha. but i have to say i agree, if you play easy teams all year, its easy to go undefeated. i know normally Mavs usually score 40+ points on the first couple of teams they play. but thats because they aren't teams that are hard to do that to. and as the season goes on, they play a tougher schedule and seem to drop more games.

I'm not getting into the trash talking. I think that just shows how inmature you are. What we forget is that kids are playing the game. Win or lose, it's not the end of the season for either team.

i didn't realize making a factual statement was trash talking either? God im learning so much here! Correct me if im wrong, but James Monroe has never been in the state championship? - But don't be discouraged, this could be the year! But these next 3 games will be the tale of the tape. it'll make or break ya.

you're right about that one! they lost to brook 14-7. and had they had their starting QB, LB, and OL'man- that might i add was in a car accident and was sitting in the ER at CAMC at 6a.m that day. they may have won that game. but thats my excuse for not bringing home the trophy.. so whats yours?

either way..this is a different year.. and trying that this school that merge with this one, and they won, stuff is just plain out (special). cause mt. view was created from Gary, Welch, and Northfork.. go do your homework on those teams. but we don't count it if they won? do we? But the teams of old are just that, for us to talk about. But the subject at hand is how James Monroe won't be playing Narrows, Shady Spring, Oakhill, or Pikeview this week. "The Mavericks can't say they haven't been told, about the warning at hand of the brown and gold". See ya'll at the game.

MV better buckle up. They will see some old timey smash-mouth football Friday. Single wing is hard enough to prepare for anyway, and even worse with a huge fast line, and fast backs. Very physical offense. There isnt a tougher offensive scheme than the single wing. Ask anyone who has played in the trenches against it. Its rough sledin.