ESPN COMES TO CASTLEWOOD

wah_wah

Wah Wah you done gone and opened up a can of whooop ass devil haters. If you wanted to know so bad, call The school. I would say Coach Scammell has got all he can handle on his plate right now. They (espn) were either going to JI Burton or stopped and asked the Cwoodys how to get to Ervington.

I have nothign against cwood or scammel...never met him....all I know is the cumberland teams in the grand scheme of things are not on the same level as teams in other districts. That cannot be argued...devils enjoy your year and your one playoff game....Scammell will try to leave soon and we will see.

Why would that be a bad thing if Scammell wants to leave? He may have gotten as far as Castlewood can go. It will always be an up hill battle getting out of that region. With his ways of reaching kids, he could work out somewhere else, were he can reach the next step. Do not be negative of the cumberland, they try and work as hard as other schools with a hell of lot less resources. Let the kids enjoy this time in their life. No one can say, but any game could be their last.

Coach Scammell was interviewed by ESPN radio. I had the privilege to hear it and thought he did an awesome job. I also think because he had this honor that it speaks volumes for the CD. Good luck to the Blue Devils.

all of them in swva. castlewood has had a good year. im pround of them. i have family members that live in castlewood. but i do not believe castlewood could win any other district

That may be true, but it's wrong for people to get on here and blast a team that has worked hard to get to were they are. Agree? Other teams may have more talent but I find it hard to beleive very many teams have more heart.

I never blasted any one...I just qustioned out of all the schools and great coaches in the area why Castlewood was chosen...for the same above reasons....then I get slammed for stating the truth...LOL

Tully must be emotionally attached to scammell..I ment no insult to him just that he is not espn material as compared to any other coach in the area....surely you would agree that Robbins or Colobro more deserve to be on ESPN...

Once again, I must say that it takes ALOT of coaching ability to take a 1-9 team to 8-2 District co-champs in 2 seasons. Props to ESPN for giving a pat on the back to the "underdog" coach in SWVA. Hard to imagine that anyone other than "the precious few" getting any good media....

what was castlewoods record before he got there...they went 1-9 under him not before him....I believe they had a few decent years before he graced them with his presence.

Just because I am somewhat knowledgeable of the program and swva football does not mean I am aligned with anyone....I was just asking a question....I know the program was not horrible before Scammell got there.....it was avergae...not 1-9 until he arrived and obviously he has righted the ship.

They made the playoffs back in '03. Before that, they made the playoffs back in '96, their last year in the Hogo. Besides that, the Castlewood program hasn't really done anything since back in the 70s and early 80s. And even then, they would just make it one or two games into the playoffs. One thing I have never understood about Castlewood, especially back in the 70s and the 80s, when they had all those great athletes and won some state titles/state runner-ups in other sports, but never really did anything in football.