VHSL RATINGS JUST RELEASED 11-6-06

Howdyfans

You know what guys it really doesn't matter when and where you play. It's not like these schools are so far apart anyway. And it wouldn't take eiter one of them very long to get to Wise. If someone has to play on a crappy field, guess what? The other team has to play on it as well. Same conditions, same players, it is still the same game, and as far as field conditions go, no matter if it's a wet field, muddy field, or dry field they are both in the same situation. We all have heard "well if we didn't have to play in the mud we would have won". Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the other team had to play in it too. I have always hated hearing that excuse. It's not like one team was on dry ground and the other was on wet ground. They were both on the same field conditions. If a team has good speed, yes their speed will be even better on turf. Goes from good to great. This goes the same for the team with not so much speed. On turf they will go from not so much speed, to better speed. So it doesn't matter really. Crappy field or turf.

Sounds like someone from Dickenson County. I suppose you don't care much about your kids welfare or the welfare of other kids. Which is notorious for that part of the region. Again, safety concerns (travel times) are bigger in this than anyone out there thinks. And also principals and coaches didn't have a say or vote on neutral sites back then. The VHSL and the VHSL only made neutral site decisions then. We are looking forward to playing Clintwood in Wise. See ya then Green Wave!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

The VHSL and the VHSL only made neutral site decisions then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong...it was a Region D decision...blame your own coaches and administrators for not fighting it.

If it were a VHSL decision, then ALL Region Championship games would be played on "neutral sites"...

The facilities at UVA-Wise are great. I think the school administrators in our area that came up with the idea of playing both regional championship games at the same site should be thanked. For SWVA HS football fans it will be a real treat! Good luck to all the teams that qualified for post season play in SWVA. I think Burton will win the Region 3 Division 1 title without too much trouble. Division 2 will be wide open.

With that being said, then if PV makes it out of the region they should go ahead and concede. Do to the fact that traveling to any other post season play could be dangerous! Was that not your point? For crying out loud it's football, it's a physical game and the chance of getting hurt is on every play or practice. One other point to your grand wisdom....if the higher seed gets to host... then doesn't that make only one team on the road instead of two. Simple math....and simple logic. Think about it. If this was a vhsl rule then why is the rest of the state not doing it? No, not from D-county. Sounds like you are trying to come up with every reason not to play at the better seeds site (their earned right). Shhhh, I don't want to scare you but I think there my be a shooting star tonight!!!!!