Congrads to Richlands and Grundy on great seasons..

babyblue

Both teams were fun to watch and kept getting better as the season went along!! I wished you guys coulda drawn out of the Highlands.. if so.. i think you would still be playing!!

Good luck to all the seniors in your future endevors!

ps.. dont get all wild for me using Richlands and Grundy in the same sentence!! lol...

[ QUOTE ]

Say what u want about tazewell..but we got better towards the end of the year and will be a force within the next couple years

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds exactly what I said the ENTIRE season, THS was young this year; but having virtually no seniors on the team may have been a blessing in disguise for the future at THS.

I agree they will continue to get better and will not be overlooked next year. To dominate would be a little inflated. Most improved team from start to finish.....TAZEWELL. Nice play during the tournament. You guys have a lot to be proud of.

Tazewell...i think you have a really good coach that has shown you the direction you need to go. Keep the right attitude. good things will happen...

Grundy 4 in a row?? maybe.. but you'll miss Ashby more than you might think..

[ QUOTE ]

I agree they will continue to get better and will not be overlooked next year. To dominate would be a little inflated. Most improved team from start to finish.....TAZEWELL. Nice play during the tournament. You guys have a lot to be proud of.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dominate will take alot longer than 2-3 years but yes i agree with you on most improved! i think we began to come together at the end of the season and i think it will carry on to next year!

[ QUOTE ]

Say what u want about tazewell..but we got better towards the end of the year and will be a force within the next couple years

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i was taking up for tazewell.....good jobs guys!

You guys have the best coach in the district now just keep working hard and things will fall into place.

Look for Bobby Peck to step his game up next season babyblue and be the leader of the Grundy team. Jimmy will be missed very badly, but if Joe Stephens can toughen up inside a little they will be fine. They return 4 starters and their 6th and 7th man.

Grundy will miss the William Wallace of their program. Without Ashby Grundy will drop a step. Hands down probably the best player in swd this year and he will not be replaced. The quote of returning your 6th and 7th man, for the year did those guys play more than 5 min. the entire year. For that matter Richlands will return their 6th, 7th, 8th......and so on. Those guys, in the games I watched never steped onto the court other than to warm-up. Who knows, alot can happen in the off season.

Thats the same story you preached this offseason as well. I also tried telling you guys before the season started that Jimmy Ashby would own the SWD. Grundy will be fine, and be in great shape to make it 4 in a row.

Here's another sermon from the pulpit Grundy10!!! Turn to the last chapter in the book of defeats Grundy vs. Richlands. Richlands 2.....Grundy 1. Who got better at the end of the season....and the answer is not Grundy. What was your record in your last 5 games do we need to remind you, and you had all you could handle with Tazewell in the tournament. Who placed doubt on Ashby as a player, I said all along he was the best player you guys had. Here lately I have changed my mind to best in the swd possibly. For that comment about 4 in a row......it's more like you will be sitting in the fourth row in the district. Maybe you guys will get lucky again, if we have any post season play in football our bball gets started later. Thats not an excuse....its a fact. You will need all the head start you can get next year, so come on over and help cheer on our football team next year (cause yours sucks) and hope we win state again so you can get a jump on us!! Although, I don't even think that will help you next year. Maybe you can talk your sheriff into taking 2 or 3 of our starters out of the game when we arive at the gym.....10-4 good buddy.

And all of that rambling means what really? Its the same thing from you over and over man....If the best thing you have to throw at Grundy is about football when the discussion is BASKETBALL then that says enough right there. Just like I said last offseason, you'll see....Coach Rife is one of the best coaches in SWVA, the best in the SWD IMO, and he will have them ready for 4 IN A ROW, not 4TH ROW...Only time will tell.

Next year will be different story for the SWD. i mean we have abingdon and marion coming into the district here is how i see it playing out.

abingdon- always have a good club

grundy or richlands- losing Ashby for grundy will hurt and for richlands mulkey is best guard or maybe player in SWD.

marion- dont know much bout them really but they are coming from a more competitive district.

tazewell- returing all starters. should contend alot better than this year with coach walker coming back to keep us together.

carrol county- i think they are losing big man strickland.

graham- lost they're best players in thompson/carper/brown.

Thanks for the compliment Shakeandbake, I love what you can do to a chicken dish. My favorite is your cajun bake, hot and spicy. Only if you could add your spice pack to your bball team, then I could consider moving them to the third row. As for your buddy Grundy10, I'm begining to see his affliction. He's infected with stupid. I would encourage a trip to your local physician, but I don't think they have an antibiotic out for that yet. Hope it's not to contagious. Look I can see where you are confused. How does a football program interfere with a bball program, simple we are all small schools and alot of kids play several different sports and these sports at times can overlap. I know that your neddle point and pottery sports don't interfere with your program but our football does. To sum it up best, if your looking for me to throw something back at you does Richlands beating you 2 out of the 3 times we played not answer that for you. Look again 2 out of 3.....I hope Mulkey will not get in trouble with the sheriff for "shooting all of those 3's". I sure that arm of his is registered with the state, but to be safe we will get it checked out.

Let me add my congratulations to both the Richlands and Grundy basketball teams. They were both excellent representatives of the athletic talent in the southwestern part of our state that continues to be mostly overlooked. I look forward to seeing both teams in the state playoffs next year.

[ QUOTE ]

Let me add my congratulations to both the Richlands and Grundy basketball teams. They were both excellent representatives of the athletic talent in the southwestern part of our state that continues to be mostly overlooked. I look forward to seeing both teams in the state playoffs next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck to Martinsville and Magna Vista..thats all thats left haha